John Cygan (April 27, 1954 – May 13, 2017) was an American actor, voice artist and comedian.
Cygan was born in New York City to a large family of thirteen children, six of them being half-siblings. His parents never married.
He attended West Babylon High School in Long Island and was active in the church and school theatre while in high school, including a star performance as the insane brother in Arsenic and Old Lace and the lead performance in a high school production of Bye Bye Birdie, as the ever faithful agent Albert Peterson.
Cygan was notable for his television work (The Commish, The X-Files) and his voice work (Star Wars games, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo games).
Cygan died at his home in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles on May 13, 2017 due to cancer. He was 63.
- ^ "John Cygan". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- ^ "An Interview With John Cygan". The Gaming Liberty. August 23, 2011. Archived from the original on 2013-06-30. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- ^ Barnes, Mike (May 15, 2017). "John Cygan, Actor on 'The Commish,' Dies at 63". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- ^ Pereira, Chris (May 15, 2017). "Metal Gear's Solidus Snake Voice Actor Passes Away At 63". GameSpot. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- ^ Staff (May 15, 2017). "John Cygan (1954 - 2017)". Legacy.com. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- ^ "Nostalgia: 'Knights of the Old Republic' still enjoyable". The Daily Campus. November 30, 2015. Archived from the original on April 21, 2017.
- ^ Haas, Pete (September 1, 2013). "Double Fine's Broken Age Cast Includes Jack Black, Jennifer Hale". Cinema Blend. Archived from the original on September 4, 2013. Retrieved September 2, 2013.