|Born||June 10, 1985 |
Queens, New York, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
Daly began competing in the sport of skeleton in 2001. From 2001 to 2010, he won gold in the Intercontinental Cup and America's Cup where he reset the Lake Placid track record. In the 2008–09 season, Daly won 1st in the St. Moritz Europa Cup as well as the Igls Europa Cup and went on to get 2nd place for the overall Europa Cup title.
Daly graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh with a communications degree in 2008. He also was a member of Plattsburgh's track & field team, where he focused on the decathlon. At the 2007 NCAA Division III outdoor track & field championships, he finished in fifth place in the decathlon, collecting All-American status.
- "NBC Olympics – John Daly profile". Archived from the original on July 16, 2015. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- Dolnick, Sam; Annie Correal (February 19, 2014). "New York Today: Olympian Dreams". The New York Times. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- Nugent, Patrick (February 2, 2010). "John Daly: From BMX To Skeleton Luge". ESPN. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- Jeansonne, John (February 9, 2010). "Smithtown's John Daly is on course with skeleton". Newsday. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation (January 18, 2014). "2014 U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team Announced". TeamUSA.org. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Tommy Schield (February 15, 2014). "Matt Antoine Clinches Skeleton Bronze". TeamUSA.org. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "2018 U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team Announced" (Press release). United States Bobsled and Skeleton Federation. January 15, 2018. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- John Daly at the International Bobsleigh & Skeleton Federation
- John Daly at TeamUSA.org
- John Daly at Olympics.com
- John Daly at Olympic.org (archived)
- John Daly at Olympedia
- NBCOlympics.com on the bobsleigh and skeleton slots for the US Team for the 2010 Winter Olympics. January 16, 2010. Accessed January 17, 2010.