This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York|
John Ventimiglia (Italian: [ventiˈmiʎʎa]) is an American actor. Ventimiglia portrayed Artie Bucco in the HBO television series The Sopranos and had a recurring role as Dino Arbogast, an Organized Crime Control Bureau Chief for the NYPD, on the American police procedural/drama series Blue Bloods on CBS.
Ventimiglia has had parts in feature films such as Cop Land, Jesus' Son, The Iceman, The Funeral, The Wannabe, and Mickey Blue Eyes and has appeared in numerous television shows including Law & Order and NYPD Blue. He also made a brief cameo in the made-for-television movie Gotti.
In August, 2007, Ventimiglia and the David Amram quartet presented a musical and oral homage to sociologist C. Wright Mills and beat author Jack Kerouac. They continued with a Kerouac show in Denmark in autumn of 2007. Ventimiglia starred in the comedy Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead (2008), playing the role of Theo Horace. In 2008, he played a small role as a police officer in Notorious. In 2011, he appeared as "Weinstein" in the film Flypaper.
In 2011, he starred in a small indie film, PONIES. In 2012, he guest starred in the CBS short lived series Made in Jersey. In 2012, he starred, as Humberto Delgado, the Portuguese film Operation Autumn, a film about General Humberto Delgado's brutal assassination in Spain by the Portuguese fascists.
In 2016, he played Harry Magarac on the episode of Elementary, entitled "Murder Ex Machina", first aired on January 21, 2016. He also did narration for the Nat Geo television documentary series Inside the American Mob.
Ventimiglia was born in Ridgewood, Queens to a Sicilian American family, and grew up in Teaneck, New Jersey, graduating from Teaneck High School in 1981, where he played on the football team. He lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn with his two daughters.
- The Sopranos, as Arthur "Artie" Bucco (1999–2007)
- Personal Velocity, as Avram Hershowitz (2002)
- Notorious, as police detective (2009)
- Blue Bloods, as Dino Arbogast (2011–2014)
- Jessica Jones, as Detective Eddy Costa (2018–2019)
- Christopher Rosen (July 12, 2012). "John Ventimiglia, 'Ponies' & 'Sopranos' Star, On Leaving Artie Bucco Behind". Huffington Post. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1884380 Operation Autumn
- Audbile (April 8, 2014). "A Conversation with John Ventimiglia". YouTube. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Ordoña, Michael. "The performance: John Ventimiglia; 'The Sopranos' Artie Bucco sheds the Mafia-type roles for that of a vampire in 'Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead.'", Los Angeles Times, July 15, 2010. Accessed August 18, 2015. "When asked where he's from, Ventimiglia recalls his youthful days in Teaneck, N.J., first and foremost with street games of 'kickball, baseball, stickball, touch football … If a car comes, you just say, 'Car, car, C-A-R, stick your head in a jelly jar,' get to the side of the road and let the car go past and you resume your game.'"
- Hi-Way 1981 Yearbook, p. 69.
- Lo, Danica (August 6, 2006). "WELCOME TO BROOKLYN – HOT CELEBS PUT DOWN ROOTS IN HIPPEST BOROUGH". New York Post. Retrieved 15 March 2019.