Screenshot of KGB Archiver 2.0 beta 2
|Initial release||April 2006|
188.8.131.52 / November 1, 2006
2.0 beta 2 / October 7, 2007
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Unix-like|
|License||GNU General Public License|
KGB Archiver is free and open-source software released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Version 2 beta 2 is available for Microsoft Windows and a command-line version of KGB Archiver 1.0 is available for Unix-like operating systems. KGB Archiver is one of the few applications that works with the PAQ algorithm for making its KGB files. It has ten levels of compression, from very weak to maximum. However, at higher compression levels, the time required to compress a file increases significantly. The official website is now offline.
- 1.5 GHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- Supports native .kgb files and .zip files
- AES-256 encryption
- It is able to create self-extracting archives
- Unicode is supported in both the user interface and filesystems
- Multilanguage support (including Arabic, German, Greek, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish, and Ukrainian)
- An Explorer shell extension is available for the Windows versions.
- "KGB Archiver review". Softpedia. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- ""KGB Archiver 2 beta 2" - IXBT". Translate.google.com. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- ""KGB Archiver" - Software Informer". Kgb-archiver.software.informer.com. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- "Kgb Archiver – The Most Powerful Compression Tool". Genius Hackers. 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
|This computer data storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|