Screenshot of KGB Archiver 2.0 beta 2
|Initial release||April 2006|
22.214.171.124 / November 1, 2006
2.0 beta 2 / October 7, 2007
|Repository||KGB Archiver Repository|
|Written in||Visual C++|
|Operating system||Windows, Unix-like|
|Available in||English, Arabic, Czech, German, Greek, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish, and Ukrainian|
|License||GNU General Public License|
KGB Archiver is a discontinued file archiver and data compression utility that employs the PAQ6 compression algorithm. Written in Visual C++ by Tomasz Pawlak, KGB Archiver is designed to achieve a very high compression ratio. It has ten levels of compression, from very weak to maximum. However, at higher compression levels, the time required to compress a file increases significantly. As a consequence, the program uses memory and CPU intensively.
KGB Archiver is free and open-source, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Version 2 beta 2 is available for Microsoft Windows and a command-line version of KGB Archiver 1.0 is available for Unix-like operating systems.
- Native .kgb files and .zip files
- AES-256 encryption
- Creating self-extracting archives
- Unicode support in both the user interface and file system interactions
- Shell extension for Windows
- 1.5 GHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- "Обзор небольших утилит. Август 2008" [Overview of small utilities. August 2008.]. iXBT.com (in Russian). August 2008.
- Nitu, Cosmin (26 May 2006). "Great Compression Solution!". Softpedia. SoftNews NET.
- ""KGB Archiver" - Software Informer". Kgb-archiver.software.informer.com. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- "Kgb Archiver – The Most Powerful Compression Tool". Genius Hackers. 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
|This computer data storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|