|Channels||Digital: 7 (VHF)|
|Branding||My 11 KOTR: The Otter|
|Owner||Mirage Media 2, LLC|
|Founded||December 6, 2006|
First air date
|April 9, 2007|
Former call signs
|K07ZK (until 2005)|
Former channel number(s)
2 (VHF, until 2018)
NBC (as a translator of KSBW, until 2006)
|HAAT||−25.9 m (−85 ft)|
Public license information
KOTR-LD, virtual channel 11 (VHF digital channel 7), is a low-powered MyNetworkTV-affiliated television station licensed to Monterey, California, United States and serving the Monterey Bay area. The station is owned by Mirage Media 2, LLC. KOTR-LD's studios are located on Garden Road south of Monterey Regional Airport in Monterey, and its transmitter located on Mount Toro, 10 miles (16 km) south of Salinas.
Mirage Media acquired the broadcast license of K02DC, a translator of Monterey's NBC affiliate KSBW (channel 8) licensed to serve the Sycamore Flat area near Greenfield, California, from the Arroyo Seco Citizens Association. Shortly after the sale, the company applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to move the transmitter site to serve Gonzales and increase the effective radiated power from 44 watts to 3000 watts. On May 23, 2006, the station went silent pending construction of the new broadcast facilities.
On December 6, 2006, KOTR-LP began operation as cable channel 11 on Monterey County's Comcast system. The over-the-air station (channel 2) launched on April 9, 2007.
On March 6, 2018, it was reported that KOTR-LP's license in Santa Cruz was being sold to South Asian broadcaster Diya TV for $50,000. The station's programming and intellectual property would move to another station owned by Mirage Media.
News operation and syndicated programming
Until 2012, the station simulcast newscasts from fellow MyNetworkTV affiliate KRON-TV in San Francisco. Newscasts aired weekdays from 6–9 a.m., and at 5, 6 and 11 p.m., and weekends at 8 p.m. Paid programming has since replaced the newscasts.
Broadcast of San Francisco Giants games
- Channel 7 digital TV stations in the United States
- Channel 11 branded TV stations in the United States
- Miller, Mark K. (March 6, 2018). "KOTR-LP Monterey, CA, Sold To DiyaTV". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheckMedia LLC. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Jacobson, Adam (2018-03-05). "Monterey's 'My' Station Moves With Diya Deal | Radio & Television Business Report". Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- http://mytvmonterey.com/kotr-tv-program-schedule/ Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- "San Francisco Giants Home Game Schedule". mytvmonterey.com. Retrieved June 9, 2017.