|Type||Digital multicast television network|
|Availability||Nationwide (available on OTA digital television and LPTV covering 76.25% of the U.S. as of October 21, 2019[update])|
|Founded||June 27, 2019|
|Slogan||A New Lifestyle Network|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
(available in most markets)
|Owner||CBS Television Distribution|
(COO/CFO, CBS Global Distribution Group)
|September 9, 2019|
|Affiliates||List of Dabl affiliates|
CBS Corporation's other subchannel network, Decades, through CBS Television Stations was launched in 2014 with Weigel Broadcasting. The network is the first CBS-owned property that has its operations built and operated using cloud computing, and is transmitting through CBS's media operations platform, which utilizes both automation and cloud-enabled technology.
In June 2019, CBS Television Distribution announced that it would launch DABL, a life style broadcasting network. The network will be carried on CBS owned and operated stations covering 39% of the population and had agreements giving the network over 70% coverage as of the announcement. To add to CBS library of daytime talk, court and informational programming, CBS acquired Martha Stewart and Emeril Lagasse programming to round out the network's schedule. Prior, CBS stations were slow to add additional subchannels since the 2009 digital transition. Dabl followed two ad supported streaming services from CBS, CBS Sports HQ and ET Live. Deadline.com sees Dabl's launch occurring in a multicast network "boom time" as these network operation on low cost with library-based programming with "sizeable ratings".
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia library:
- Emeril Live
- Essence of Emeril
- Home Again with Bob Vila
- Jamie's 30-Minute Meals
- Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
- stripped (five times per week) talk shows:
- Doctor & The Diva health news show hosted by season two American Idol contestant Kimberley Locke and Dr. Steve Salvatore, board certified ER physician
- CityLine hosted by Tracy Moore and covering beauty, entertaining, fashion, food, health and home décor
- From the A&E library:
- Find & Design
- Sell This House
- Flip This House
- Flipping Boston
- Flipping San Diego
Other weekend offerings include:
- Cesar 911
- In the Kitchen With David
- Pet Project
- Pick A Puppy
- San Diego Zoo
Outside of the CBS Television Stations (owned and operated), the network is offered to affiliates on a case by case basis one of revenue-sharing, a license fee or leasing. Dabl's partner stations includes stations from the station groups of CBS Television Stations, Bahakel Communications, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Graham Media Group, Meredith Corporation, News-Press & Gazette Company, Quincy Media, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Tribune Broadcasting and Univision Communications.
- "Stations for Network - DABL". www.rabbitears.info. Retrieved October 21, 2019.
- Littleton, Cynthia; Littleton, Cynthia (June 17, 2019). "CBS to Launch DABL Digital Lifestyle Channel in September". Variety. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- Michael Malone (October 21, 2014). "CBS Stations, Weigel Partner on Oldies Digi-Net Decades". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Karlene Lukovitz (September 9, 2019). "CBS Launches Ad-Supported Digital Lifestyle Network Dabl". DigitalNewsDaily. MediaPost Communications. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- Hayes, Dade (June 17, 2019). "CBS Enters Lifestyle Market With Dabl, A New Network Featuring Martha Stewart, Emeril Lagasse". Deadline. Retrieved September 23, 2019.
- Berman, Marc (August 27, 2019). "Upcoming Lifestyle Digital Network Dabl To Launch On September 9". Forbes. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- Albiniak, Paige (June 17, 2019). "CTD to Dabble in Diginets With Lifestyle Net Dabl". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved September 21, 2019.