|Type||Digital multicast television network|
|Broadcast area||United States|
(available in most markets)
|Affiliates||List of Dabl affiliates|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
|Parent||CBS Media Ventures|
(CBS Entertainment Group)
|Key people||Steve LoCascio|
(COO/CFO, CBS Global Distribution Group)
|Founded||June 27, 2019|
|Launched||September 9, 2019|
|Affiliated with terrestrial television stations in select markets||See list of affiliates|
|Pluto TV||Channel 614|
|Other services||YouTube TV, Hulu|
The company's formerly-owned other subchannel network, Decades, through CBS News and Stations was launched in 2014 with Weigel Broadcasting. The network was the first CBS-owned property that has its operations built and operated using cloud computing, and is transmitting through CBS's media operations platform, which utilizes both automation and cloud-enabled technology.
In June 2019, CBS Television Distribution (now known as CBS Media Ventures) announced that it would launch DABL, a life style broadcasting network. The network will be carried on CBS owned and operated stations covering 39% of the population and had agreements giving the network over 70% coverage as of the announcement. To add to CBS library of daytime talk, court and informational programming, CBS acquired Martha Stewart and Emeril Lagasse programming to round out the network's schedule. Prior, CBS stations were slow to add additional subchannels since the 2009 digital transition. Dabl followed two ad supported streaming services from CBS, CBS Sports HQ and ET Live. Deadline.com sees Dabl's launch occurring in a multicast network "boom time" as these network operation on low cost with library-based programming with "sizeable ratings".
Programming on the channel includes:
- 60 Minute Makeover
- Animal Rescue
- Cesar 911
- Cesar Millan's Leader of the Pack
- Culinary Genius
- Dabl at Home
- Design Inc.
- Dirty Business
- Disaster Decks
- Dog Tales
- Emeril Live
- Escape to the Country
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
- Find & Design
- Flip This House
- Flipping Boston
- Flipping San Diego
- From Martha's Garden
- Home Again with Bob Vila
- House Doctor
- How Clean Is Your House?
- Instant Gardener
- Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
- Jamie's 30-Minute Meals
- Jamie's Food Escapes
- Kitchen Nightmares
- Lucky Dog
- Martha Stewart Living
- Nanny 911
- Pick a Puppy
- Real Potential
- Reno vs. Relocate
- Rich Bride Poor Bride
- Room Service
- Sarah 101
- Sell This House
- Selling Houses with Amanda Lamb
- The Essence of Emeril
- Ultimate Home Cooking
- Undercover Boss
- Wild Discoveries at the San Diego Zoo
- Wild Stories at the San Diego Zoo
- Wild Times at the San Diego Zoo
- Wild Treks at the San Diego Zoo
- You Deserve This House
- You Gotta Eat Here!
Outside of the CBS News and Stations (owned and operated), the network is offered to affiliates on a case-by-case basis one of revenue-sharing, a license fee or leasing. Dabl's partner stations include stations from the station groups of CBS News and Stations, Bahakel Communications, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Graham Media Group, Meredith Corporation, News-Press & Gazette Company, Gray Television, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Nexstar Media Group and Univision Communications. It is also carried by the Paramount Global free streaming service Pluto TV, on its channel 614.
- Littleton, Cynthia (June 17, 2019). "CBS to Launch DABL Digital Lifestyle Channel in September". Variety. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- Michael Malone (October 21, 2014). "CBS Stations, Weigel Partner on Oldies Digi-Net Decades". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Karlene Lukovitz (September 9, 2019). "CBS Launches Ad-Supported Digital Lifestyle Network Dabl". DigitalNewsDaily. MediaPost Communications. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- Hayes, Dade (June 17, 2019). "CBS Enters Lifestyle Market With Dabl, A New Network Featuring Martha Stewart, Emeril Lagasse". Deadline. Retrieved September 23, 2019.
- Berman, Marc (August 27, 2019). "Upcoming Lifestyle Digital Network Dabl To Launch On September 9". Forbes. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- "Shows". Dabl. Retrieved 9 April 2022.
- Albiniak, Paige (June 17, 2019). "CTD to Dabble in Diginets With Lifestyle Net Dabl". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved September 21, 2019.