|Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Branding||Rocky Mountain CTN|
|Channels||Digital: 51 (UHF)|
(to move to 10 (VHF))
Virtual: 51 (PSIP)
51.2 Light TV
|Owner||Christian Television Network|
(Christian Television Corporation, Inc.)
|First air date||1992|
|Call letters' meaning||World|
|Sister station(s)||KQDK-CD, KQCK|
|Former callsigns||K51CE (1991–1996)|
|Former affiliations||LeSEA (1992–2018)|
|Transmitter power||15 kW|
3 kW (application)
|Height||654.4 m (2,147 ft)|
|Public license information||Profile|
KWHS-LD, virtual and UHF digital channel 51, is a low-powered CTN owned-and-operated television station licensed to Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States. The station is owned by the Christian Television Network. KWHS' transmitter is located atop Cheyenne Mountain.
The station, which signed on the air in 1992 and maintains a studio in Colorado Springs, was previously a semi-satellite of KWHD in Denver, owned by LeSEA Broadcasting (now Family Broadcasting Corporation). Both outlets shared the same programming with some exceptions. (KWHD is now KETD, carrying Estrella TV; the station does still operate a subchannel carrying a LeSEA-produced schedule that remains identical to that of KWHS.)
In June 2014, it was announced LeSEA had inked an affiliation deal with Cozi TV, KWHS was one of the stations that began carrying the channel. On July 1, 2017, Light TV replaced Cozi TV on KWHS' subchannel.[circular reference]
On February 5, 2018, it was announced that LeSEA would sell KWHS, along with Class A station KEEN-CD in Las Vegas and full-power station WHNO in New Orleans, to Clearwater, Florida-based Christian Television Network for $5.7 million. The sale was completed on April 23, 2018.
The station's digital signal is multiplexed:
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|51.1||1080i||16:9||KWHS||Main KWHS-LD programming / CTN|
- "LeSea Sells NOLA Indie, 2 LPTVs for $5.7M". TVNewsCheck. February 5, 2018. Retrieved February 5, 2018.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. April 23, 2018. Retrieved May 25, 2018.
- Malone, Michael (17 June 2014). "LeSea, OTA Broadcasting On Board For Cozi TV". BroadcastingCable.com. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Wikipedia list of Light TV affiliates
- RabbitEars TV Query for KWHS
- Official KWHS web site
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KWHS
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KWHS-TV
|This article about a television station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|