Kamiak High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This school-related article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2014)|
|Kamiak High School|
|10801 Harbour Pointe Boulevard
Kamiak High School is a public high school in Mukilteo, Washington. It opened in September 1993. The school was built to accommodate overflow population from the overcrowded Mariner High School, and was the second high school in the Mukilteo School District.
Kamiak's campus features over 40 classrooms, a physical education complex with two separate gymnasiums and a weight room, a half-Olympic sized swimming pool complex, a Performing Arts Center (known as "The PAC"), a number of portables, six tennis courts, a softball field, baseball field, soccer field, football field, track facilities, and the school's East Campus, which houses science and math rooms as well as a third gymnasium used as a secondary cafeteria.
- Jean-Luc Baker (2012), champion ice dancer, won the 2014 Junior World Ice Dance Championships in Bulgaria.
- Thomas Erak (2003), lead vocalist, guitarist, and keyboardist for the band The Fall of Troy, which formed during their time at Kamiak.
- Tim Ward (2003), bass guitarist and screamed vocalist for the progressive rock band The Fall of Troy, which produced a single for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
- Andrew Forsman (2004), drummer and percussionist for the progressive rock band The Fall of Troy
- Marko Liias (1999), Democratic member of the Washington State Senate, representing the 21st legislative district.
The school is part of the Wesco South District. With over 2,000 students enrolled, Kamiak is a 4A school. Their main rival in athletics is Mariner High School the other high school in the Mukilteo School District.
- Freshmen; JV and Varsity Football
- Girls' JV and Varsity Soccer
- Girls' Swimming
- Girls' Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys' JV and Varsity Tennis
- Boys' Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Basketball
- Girls' Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Basketball
- Snail Racing
- Boys' Swimming
- Boys' Diving
- Boys' JV and Varsity Baseball
- Girls' JV and Varsity Softball
- Boys' and Girls' Track
- Girls' JV and Varsity Tennis
- Boys' JV and Varsity Soccer
- Boys' Varsity Golf
- Girls' JV and Varsity Golf
- Flag Football
- Hip Hop
- Boys' and Girls' Lacrosse JV & Varsity [Club sport]
- MSD brief details
- Managan, Megan. "Kamiak graduate wins gold at Junior Worlds Ice dancing competition". South Everett Beacon. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "The Stranger – Putting the Fall in the Fall of Troy". www.thestranger.com. Retrieved April 25, 2007.
- "Rep. Marko Liias' Biography". Washington State House Democrats. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
.mukilteo .wednet .edu, the school's official website