Kamiak High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kamiak High School|
10801 Harbour Pointe Boulevard
|Principal||Dr. Eric Hong|
Kamiak High School is a public high school in Mukilteo, Washington. It opened in September 1993. The school was built to accommodate overflow population from the overcrowded Mariner High School, and was the second high school in the Mukilteo School District.
Kamiak's campus features over 40 classrooms, a physical education complex with two separate gymnasiums and a weight room, a half-Olympic sized swimming pool complex, a Performing Arts Center (known as "The PAC"), a number of portables, six tennis courts, a softball field, baseball field, soccer field, football field, track facilities, and the school's East Campus, which houses science and math rooms as well as a third gymnasium (Multi-Purpose room) used as a secondary cafeteria.
- Jean-Luc Baker (2012), champion ice dancer, won the 2014 Junior World Ice Dance Championships in Bulgaria.
- Thomas Erak (2003), lead vocalist, guitarist, and keyboardist for the band The Fall of Troy, which formed during their time at Kamiak.
- Tim Ward (2003), bass guitarist and screamed vocalist for the progressive rock band The Fall of Troy, which produced a single for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
- Andrew Forsman (2004), drummer and percussionist for the progressive rock band The Fall of Troy
- Marko Liias (1999), Democratic member of the Washington State Senate, representing the 21st legislative district.
The school offers 22 Advanced Placement courses: Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics C: Mechanics, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, European History, Human Geography, US Government and Politics, World History, US History, Spanish Language and Culture, French Language and Culture, German Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture, Music Theory, Studio Art: 2D Design Portfolio, and Studio Art: Drawing Portfolio, as well as a number of honors courses.
The school is part of the Wesco South District. With over 2,000 students enrolled, Kamiak is a 4A school. Their main rival in athletics is Mariner High School, the other high school in the Mukilteo School District.
- Freshmen; JV and Varsity Football
- Girls' JV and Varsity Soccer
- Girls' Swimming
- Girls' Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys' JV and Varsity Tennis
- Boys' Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Basketball
- Girls' Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Basketball
- Boys' Swimming
- Boys' Diving
- Boys' JV and Varsity Baseball
- Girls' JV and Varsity Softball
- Boys' and Girls' Track
- Girls' JV and Varsity Tennis
- Boys' JV and Varsity Soccer
- Boys' Varsity Golf
- Girls' JV and Varsity Golf
- Flag Football
- Hip Hop
- Boys' and Girls' Lacrosse JV & Varsity [Club sport]
- "Kamiak High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Managan, Megan. "Kamiak graduate wins gold at Junior Worlds Ice dancing competition". South Everett Beacon. Archived from the original on April 5, 2014. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "The Stranger – Putting the Fall in the Fall of Troy". www.thestranger.com. Retrieved April 25, 2007.
- "Rep. Marko Liias' Biography". Washington State House Democrats. Retrieved May 28, 2014.