Kevin Lyman is the founder and operator of 4Fini, Inc., a live event production company and brand strategy firm. His most notable live production is the Vans Warped Tour, which attracts about 750,000 people annually and is the longest-running North American festival concert tour.
Kevin Lyman is a graduate of California State Polytecnic University, Pomona, with a degree in Recreation Administration.
Career Tours and festivals
- Vans Warped Tour Festival
- Watcha! Tour
- Taste Of Chaos Festival
- It’s Not Dead Festival
Previous tours and productions
- Vans Warped Tour 1995-Present
- Vans European Warped Tour
- The Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival
- Australian Warped Tour
- Vans Warped Tour Japan
- Country Throwdown Tour
- Down From The Mountain Tour
- Taste Of Chaos
- Lolapallooza (’91-’94)
- J-Rock Revolution
- NIN (Downward Spiral Tour)
- Delta Heavy Tour
- Sprite Liquid Mix Tour
- This is Why Wurr Hot Tour
- Great High Mountain Tour
- Crusty Demons Global Assault Tour
- X-Files EXP Tour
- Vans Triple Crown
- Duffing for Dollars Charity Golf Tournament
- Eat’M Conference (Las Vegas)
- Christopher Street West Gay & Lesbian Pride Festival
- Boarding for Breast Cancer Foundation Snowboard and Music Festival
- Girlz Garage
- Neil Bogart Foundation Gala
- Z-100 “Z Zoo Plane to Puerto Rico” Event
- In 2014, 4Fini produced the first Alternative Press (AP) Music Awards show.
- Revolver Golden God Awards
Lyman has appeared in and produced multiple TV series, movies, and documentaries including FUSE TV’s series Warped Roadies (from 2012-2014), No Room For Rockstars (documentary), The Other F Word (documentary), and Alternative Press’s annual AP Music Award Show (2014).
Founded by Lyman, 4Fini is a talent and brand strategy agency (4Fini Agency) and event production company (4Fini Productions) based in South Pasadena, California. In addition, the company has an office in Nashville, Tennessee, which handles sponsorship, marketing, and operations for events.
Over the past 20 years, 4Fini has worked with youth-targeted brands including Monster Energy, Rockstar Energy, Vans, Hurley, Volcom, and retailers like Hot Topic, Journeys, and Tilly’s.
Long-term partners and sponsors include Ernie Ball (since 1996), Alternative Press (since 1999), Truth (since 2000), Trojan (partnership starting in 2000), Fuse (since 2004), and Kia (since 2008).
4Fini Productions is a live production house known for producing festivals, events, award shows, and concert tours worldwide.
In July 2014, 4Fini produced the annual AP Music Awards at The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Museum.
For his philanthropic efforts, Lyman was recognized as the Billboard Touring Awards Humanitarian of the Year (2009), an honoree at the Grammy/MusiCares MAP Fund gala (2011), and was inducted into the Top Dog Touring Hall of Fame at the Tour Link Conference (2012).
In 2009, Billboard awarded Lyman the Humanitarian Award for his philanthropic work, which has included founding the Unite the United Foundation, a charitable organization that has raised over $1 million for various non-profits.
In 2014, Lyman’s Vans Warped Tour attempted to set a Guinness World Record title for Largest Food Drive in 24-Hour period at a single location. In 2013, the tour collected 33,000 pounds of food.
In 2016 Lyman was given the Humanitarian of the year award, by the Tj Martell foundation at their annual Family Day.
Lyman has been a speaker at SXSW 2014, Vegas Music Summit 2014, Launch Music Conference 2014, ASCAP Expo 2014, Cutting Edge Music Business Conference, Billboard’s Mobile Entertainment Live!, and Digital Media Summit.
- Nixon, Chris "Power to (all) the people" U-T San Diego. June 30, 2005
- "Vans Warped Tour® Brings along Another Robust Line of Brand and Non-Profit Partners for 20th Anniversary Tour" Yahoo! Finance. June 9, 2014.
- "4Fini" Retrieved Oct. 9, 2014
- Cohen, Jane and Grossweiner, Bob "Industry Profile: Kevin Lyman" Celebrity Access. Retrieved Oct. 11, 2014
- "4Fini Inc." Manta. Retrieved Oct. 9, 2014
- "4 Fini Inc." Manta. Retrieved Oct. 9, 2014
- "It Takes a Village to Break an Artist" SXSW. Retrieved Oct. 11, 2014
- Baltin, Steve "Warped Tour Returns to Its Roots" Rolling Stone. Mar. 31, 2012
- Sylvain, Vincent "Cutting Edge Announces Kevin Lyman and Michael Kock as Keynote Speakers for New Orleans Music Business Conference" Nola Beez. June 21, 2012
- Holloway, Lindsay "Webcams Gone Creative" From Entrepreneur, April 2009. March 12, 2009
- "Jerra Spence Encouraging Empowerment" CBSN, BNET. Dogandpony.com. April 7, 2008
- "The Warrior of Warped: Kevin Lyman" Fly Magazine. July 1, 2014
- Gasperini, Kathleen "Vans Warped Tour Kicks-off to Sold-out Capacity; Producer Kevin Lyman Hints at What to Expect from America's Largest Running Tour" Music. Accessed Nov. 7, 2014
- "Kevin Lyman" Billboard. Accessed Nov. 7, 2014
- "Vans Warped Tour Announces Attractions and Activities" New Noise Magazine. May 31, 2013
- Blaskovich, Sarah "Teens rock into national tour" Star Local Media. July 17, 2007
- "The first #altpress booth at #warpedtour in 1999! #tbt #throwbackthursday" Alternative Press. Oct. 2, 2014
- "Trojan Condoms sponsors Vans Warped Tour" SponsorPitch. Accessed Nov. 7, 2014
- "Vans Warped Tour 2004" Mitch Schneider Organization. Feb. 9, 2004
- "Vans Warped Tour® Brings along Another Robust Line of Brand and Non-Profit Partners for 20th Anniversary Tour" Yahoo! Finance. June 9, 2014
- “Warped: 12 Years of Music, Mayhem and More” Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sept. 3, 2007
- "APMAs offer more general admission tickets, expand venue, reveal more details” Alternative Press. May 19, 2014
- “MusicCares MAP Fund to Honor Dave Gahan, Kevin Lyman”
- "Warped Tour's Lyman To Receive Billboard Humanitarian Honor"
- "Top Dog Awards"
- "Unite The United Foundation"
- "Feed Our Children Atlanta and Warped Tour Attempts to Set a Guinness World Record"
- "Vegas Music Summit 2014 Announces Kevin Lyman, Hot Water Music, The Flatliners and More"
- "Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman to speak at LAUNCH Music Conference in Lancaster"
- "Kevin Lyman"
- "Keynote Presentations Announced for Billboard's Mobile Entertainment Live! (Formerly MECCA)"
- "Kevin Lyman"