Khargapur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Khargapur Vidhan Sabha constituency (Hindi: खरगापुर विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency came into existence in 1967, following the delimitation of the Legislative Assembly constituencies and it was reserved for the candidates belonging to the scheduled castes from 1967-2008.
Khargapur (constituency number 47) is one of the 5 Vidhan Sabha constituencies located in Tikamgarh district. This constituency covers the entire Baldeogarh tehsil, Palera nagar panchayat and part of Palera tehsil of the district.
Khargapur is part of Tikamgarh Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Jatara, Prithvipur, Niwari and Tikamgarh in this district and Maharajpur, Chhatarpur and Bijawar in Chhatarpur district.
Members of Legislative Assembly
- 1967: R. Ram, Indian National Congress
- 1972: Baiju Ahriwar, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Nathu Ram Ahirwar, Janata Party
- 1980: Nathu Ram Ahirwar, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Vindravan Ahirwar, Indian National Congress
- 1990: Anandi Lal, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1993: Parvat Lal Ahirwar, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1998: Parvat Lal Ahirwar, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2003: Harishankar Khatik, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2008: Ajay Yadav, Bharatiya Janshakti Party
- 2013: CHANDA - SURENDRA SINGH GAUR,Indian National Congress
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 230, 250.
- "Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha General Elections - 2008 (in Hindi)" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 18 February 2011.