Khoj: The Search
Khoj-The Search film commercial poster.
|Directed by||Iftakar Chowdhury|
|Produced by||M. A. Jalil Ananta|
|Written by||Susmoy Sumon|
Nino – (Italy)
|Edited by||Iftakar Chowdhury|
|Distributed by||Monsoon Films|
Khoj, The Search (Bengali: খোঁজ, দ্যা সার্চ) is a 2010 Bangladeshi film.
The film features Major Mahmud/Ananta (M A Jalil), a secret service agent working for Bangladesh Counter Intelligence (BCI), a fictional agency conceived in the Masud Rana series by Qazi Anwar Hussain. With the help of Captain Bobby, Major Mahmud thwarts the international arms syndicate headed by the notorious villain Nino.
- M.A. Jalil Ananta as Major Mahmud / Ananta
- Bobby as Captain Bobby
- Afiea Nusrat Barsha as Elisa
- Nino – Arms smuggler
- Sohel Rana as Chief of Command
- Jisan as Pabel
- Dr. Ejajul Islam as Master
- Apu as 50/50
- Iftakar Chowdhury as Major Kamrul
- M.A. Jalil Ananta as Major Kamrul
- Jessica Hass as L.A. spy
- Mick Bosh as Las Vegas villain
- Raha as Nino's girlfriend
- Elias Kobra as Martial Arts Villan
- Nino as Arms smuggler Nino
- M. A. Jisan as Maid of Jalil
|Khoj: The Search|
|Soundtrack album by Imon Saha and Habib Wahid|
All music composed by Imon Saha and Habib Wahid.
|1.||"Etodin Kothay Chile"||Habib Wahid|
|2.||"Tumi Phire Takale"||Bappa Majumdar|
|3.||"Angtir Apekshay"||Samina Chowdhury|
|4.||"I am Searching for My Love"||Ronti Das|
|5.||"Dinete Shurjo Bhalo"||Ferdous Wahid|
|6.||"Ki Chokhe Amay"||Kanak Chapa|
|7.||"Tumi Phire Takale"||Bappa Majumdar|
Reception and box office
Monsoon Films, a leading distributor in Dhaka, confirmed that the film opened across 44 cinemas all over Bangladesh. The movie was acclaimed for its overall picture quality and the use of elaborate visual effects in the action scenes. Before the release, the movie drew a huge amount of public attention by a massive promotional campaign in the national and international media. The trailer and pre-released item numbers went viral via Facebook and YouTube, and became the first internet meme in Bangladesh. The producer and lead actor, M A Jalil has announced that the film will be followed up with a sequel. Shahidul Islam Khokon, a commercially successful Dhallywood filmmaker, has been contracted for the next installment of the film  The film became a hit due to the flaws in the film, which gave it an unintentional humor appeal, to the mostly young viewers.
- Khoj The Search MP3 Music. cduniverse.com
- "'খোঁজ-দ্য সার্চ' দেখতে প্রথম দিনেই হলভর্তি দর্শক". Dailyjanakantha.com. 17 April 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- Khawaja Ashraful Hawak, Md Abdul Wadud (27 April 2010). "নতুন ধারার 'খোঁজ দ্য সার্চ'". Samakal.com.bd. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "অনন্ত : ঢালিউডের কোন নায়িকাই কমার্শিয়াল ফিল্ম এর যোগ্য না". Ittefaq.com.bd. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "খোকন বানাচ্ছেন 'খোঁজ-দ্য সার্চ ২'". Prothom-alo.com. 16 May 2010. Archived from the original on 31 August 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "খোঁজ দ্য সার্চ-২ বানাবেন খোকন". Amardeshonline.com. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2012.