Kingston Beach, Tasmania
|Population||1,990 (2016 census)|
Kingston Beach is a suburb of the greater Hobart area, capital of Tasmania, Australia. It is located on the Derwent River at the mouth of Browns Rivulet. It was originally known as Browns River Beach in the 1850s.  Kingston Beach was a regularly photographed location in the twentieth century. 
The beach is patrolled by Kingston Beach Surf Life Saving Club between the months of December and April. Other facilities include a dog beach, bike park, barbecue area, sailing club, playgrounds and various shops. The local Progress Association served between 1925 and 1992, known as either the Kingston Beach Progress Association, Kingston Beach Regatta Association, or the Kingston Beach Progress and Regatta Association.  Kingston Beach is in the municipality of Kingborough.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Kingston Beach (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Tasmania. Town and Country Planning Commission; Bolt, Frank, 1928- (1956), Kingston, Kingston Beach, & Blackmans Bay (Add. Sept. '56 ed.), Office of the Town and Country Planning Commissioner, retrieved 3 April 2016CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- http://trove.nla.gov.au/people/1485629?q=kingston+beach+tasmania&c=people Thomas Bird's painting
- Browns River History Group (Tas.); Kingborough (Tas. : Municipality). Council (author) (2013), Kingston Beach history walk, [Kingston, Tasmania] Browns River History Group, retrieved 3 April 2016
- Gardam, Julie (2009), Brown's River to Kingston, Julie Gardam, retrieved 3 April 2016
- Tasmanian Illustrated Mail, Photographs of beach scenes, East Coast and Kingston Beach, Tasmania, 1930, University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Materials Collection, retrieved 3 April 2016
- Gardam, Julie; Rotary Club of Kingston (Tas.) (1988), Brown's River, a history of Kingston and Blackmans Bay, Rotary Club of Kingston, ISBN 978-0-7316-3959-5
- Photograph - Family picnic on Kingston Beach near Brown's River, LINC Tasmania, 1915, retrieved 3 April 2016
- Kingston Beach Progress and Regatta Association NG813 [Records], LINC Tasmania, 1925, retrieved 3 April 2016
|This Tasmania geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|