Bridgewater (left) and Gagebrook (right)
|Population||1,440 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||Brighton Council (Tasmania)|
Gagebrook is one of the northern-most suburbs of Hobart, Tasmania located on the eastern shore of the Derwent River between the suburbs of Bridgewater and Old Beach. It is part of the local government area of the Municipality of Brighton.
The suburb, like its adjacent suburb of Bridgewater (also built up of mass-public housing in the 1970s) has a reputation as a lower socio-economic area. Like the rest of Hobarts' public housing suburbs, many public housing stock have been sold privately.
Gagebrook has two primary schools: Herdman's Cove Primary School and Gagebrook Primary School  (both public).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Gagebrook (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "On the ground". Griffith Review. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Whelan, Jessica J (2001), The dynamics of community reputation : a case study, retrieved 9 March 2017
- Keen, Erica; Fusion Australia; Fusion Southern Tasmania (2006), Research into the community of Bridgewater & Gagebrook, Fusion Australia, retrieved 9 March 2017
- Tasmania. Parliament. Standing Committee on Public Works (1981), New Gagebrook Primary School, Bridgewater, Government Printer, ISBN 978-0-7246-1130-0
|This article about Hobart is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Tasmania geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|