Shoppes at Knollwood
|Location||St. Louis Park, Minnesota|
|Management||Cushman & Wakefield|
|Owner||Cushman & Wakefield|
|No. of stores and services||45|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||460,000 sq. ft.|
|No. of floors||1 w/partial basement|
The Shoppes at Knollwood, previously known as Knollwood Mall, is a regional shopping mall located along Minnesota State Highway 7 in Saint Louis Park, Minnesota owned and managed by Cushman & Wakefield. Major stores at the mall include Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, DSW Shoe Warehouse, and Cub Foods.
Knollwood Mall opened in 1955 as an open-air strip mall called Knollwood Plaza. It featured a Powers Dry Goods store, Woolworth, JC Penney, and Red Owl Grocery Store. The center was enclosed in 1980 and Montgomery Ward added to the eastern side.
Powers became Donaldson's and then Carson Pirie Scott. In 1994, the Carson's store closed and was torn down for a Kohl's. Montgomery Ward closed its store in the mall in 1998, and one year later, Cub Foods opened in its place.
The eastern wing of the mall was vacated in 1999 for a movie theater multiplex which never opened. Five years later, TJ Maxx relocated from an existing store within the mall to the east wing, opening a combination TJ Maxx/HomeGoods store in its place.
In 2014, plans were announced to remove the remaining portion of enclosed mall between Kohl's and TJ Maxx/HomeGoods. The center added a Nordstrom Rack store and renamed itself the "Shoppes at Knollwood" for its May 2015 grand re-opening.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Knollwood Mall Shopping Center
- "Knollwood Mall". Rouse Properties. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Gamans Poloian, Lynda; Rogers, Dorothy S. (2003). Retailing Principles: A Global Outlook. Fairchild Publications. p. 363. ISBN 1-56367-192-1.
- "Knollwood Plaza/Mall". St.Louis Park Historical Society. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Kroll, Karen M. (February 1999). "Industry Turns to Supermarket Anchors to Fill Big Boxes". Shopping Centers Today. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "Kohl's Will Build On Site Of Knollwood Carson's". St. Paul Pioneer Press. June 18, 1994. p. 1D. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- "Cub Foods planning store at Knollwood mall". Star Tribune. June 17, 1998. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- Tellijohn, Andrew (March 21, 2004). "Knollwood Mall expands T.J. Maxx, adds new fitness center". Minneapolis–St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved December 9, 2010.