|Type||Daily newspaper (in weekdays)|
|Founder(s)||Nassredine El Afrit
History and profile
L'Économiste was first published in 1998. The paper is based in Casablanca. It is the sister publication of Arabic daily Assabah and both are owned by Ecomedias. Although it is an independent paper, it has a pro-government stance.
L'Économiste is published on weekdays and focuses on business news. Its website was launched in 1993, making L'Économiste the second newspaper to have an online edition. The paper is the recipient of the Victoires de la Presse award in the category of the scoop/article of the year.
- William A. Rugh (2004). Arab Mass Media: Newspapers, Radio, and Television in Arab Politics. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 103. ISBN 978-0-275-98212-6. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- Russell G. Swenson. Bringing Intelligence About: Practitioners Reflect on Best Practices. Lulu.com. p. 23. ISBN 978-1-300-07871-5. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Media landscape. Morocco". Menasset. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Aziz Douai (2009). "In Democracy's Shadow: The 'New' Independent Press and the Limits of Media Reform in Morocco" (PDF). Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture. 6 (1). Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "High-End Monthly Launched in Morocco". The Arab Press Network. 21 May 2008. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- African Media and ICT4D: Documentary Evidence: A Baseline Study on the State of Media Reporting on ICT and Information Society Issues in Africa. United Nations Publications. 2003. p. 17. ISBN 978-92-1-125088-6. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Partners. L'Economiste". World Investment Conferences. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Morocco: Watch-out for the hawks". Menassat. APN. 2 October 2007. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Chiffres – OJD Maroc – OJD". OJD.ma. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Official website (in French)