Lake Dallas, Texas
Lake Dallas, Texas
Get hooked on Lake Dallas
|• Total||2.75 sq mi (7.12 km2)|
|• Land||2.43 sq mi (6.29 km2)|
|• Water||0.32 sq mi (0.83 km2)|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||3,320.84/sq mi (1,282.36/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1339497|
Lake Dallas is a town in Denton County, Texas, United States. It is located in North Texas, northwest of the city of Dallas, on the shores of Lewisville Lake. The community's name derives from the original name of the lake.
The population was 7,105 at the 2010 census.
Lake Dallas is located at (33.128297, -97.027592).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.7 square miles (7.0 km2), of which 2.4 square miles (6.2 km2) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.8 km2), or 11.03%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,166 people, 2,261 households, and 1,666 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,693.5 people per square mile (1,039.6/km2). There were 2,338 housing units at an average density of 1,021.3 per square mile (394.2/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 89.51% White, 3.32% African American, 0.63% Native American, 0.94% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 3.84% from other races, and 1.74% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.83% of the population.
There were 2,261 households, out of which 43.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.9% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a single householder with no spouse present, and 26.3% were non-families. 20.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.17.
In the city, the population was spread out, with 30.7% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 37.7% from 25 to 44, 18.2% from 45 to 64, and 6.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 98.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.1 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $51,660, and the median income for a family was $58,370. Males had a median income of $41,058 versus $30,156 for females. The per capita income for the city was $22,526. About 6.3% of families and 6.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.7% of those under age 18 and 16.8% of those age 65 or over.
The City of Lake Dallas is served by the Lake Dallas Independent School District. The library for the area is the Lake Cities Library.
The North Texas Tollway Authority has completed a bridge in August 2009 linking Lake Dallas and Little Elm, Texas. The bridge connects Swisher Road in Lake Dallas with Eldorado Parkway in Little Elm. A bridge previously connected the two cities, but was removed in the 1950s when the United States Army Corps of Engineers expanded Lewisville Lake.
Places of interest
- Lewisville Lake 
- Lakeview Marina 
- Lakeview Airport, a privately owned paved airstrip is located on the city shoreline of Lewisville Lake 
- Montserrat, a retreat facility owned and operated by the Jesuits
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Lake Dallas has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- Myra Crownover, former member of the Texas House of Representatives
- Dusty Dvoracek, football player and sports commentator
- Gordon McLendon, radio broadcaster
- Vitamin Smith, football player
- Daryl Williams, football player
- David Mino, board operator and weekend host for 1310 The Ticket
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lake Dallas city, Texas". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lake Dallas city, Texas". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- lakedallas.com. "Our Story". Archived from the original on 2009-06-06. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Climate Summary for Lake Dallas, Texas
- Svitek, Patrick (2015-08-03). "Crownover Will Not Seek Re-Election to House". The Texas Tribune. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- Writers, JOHN E. HOOVER AND GUERIN EMIG World Sports. "Dvoracek kicked off OU team". Tulsa World. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- "Radio Pioneer McLendon, 65, Dies in Texas". Los Angeles Times. 1986-09-16. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- "Standout Ram Kick Returner Vitamin T. Smith Dead at 76". Los Angeles Times. 2000-02-16. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- "Carolina Panthers select Oklahoma, Lake Dallas graduate Daryl Williams in fourth round of NFL draft". Dallas News. 2015-05-02. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- "Work In Progress". KTCK-AM. Retrieved 2021-07-06.