Lake Dallas, Texas
|Lake Dallas, Texas|
|Motto(s): Get hooked on Lake Dallas|
Location of Lake Dallas in Denton County, Texas
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (7.0 km2)|
|• Land||2.4 sq mi (6.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
|• Density||2,600/sq mi (1,000/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1339497|
The population was 7,105 at the 2010 census.
Lake Dallas is located at (33.128297, -97.027592).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.7 square miles (7.0 km2), of which 2.4 square miles (6.2 km2) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.8 km2), or 11.03%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,166 people, 2,261 households, and 1,666 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,693.5 people per square mile (1,039.6/km²). There were 2,338 housing units at an average density of 1,021.3 per square mile (394.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 89.51% White, 3.32% African American, 0.63% Native American, 0.94% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 3.84% from other races, and 1.74% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.83% of the population.
There were 2,261 households out of which 43.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.9% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.3% were non-families. 20.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.17.
In the city, the population was spread out with 30.7% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 37.7% from 25 to 44, 18.2% from 45 to 64, and 6.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 98.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.1 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $51,660, and the median income for a family was $58,370. Males had a median income of $41,058 versus $30,156 for females. The per capita income for the city was $22,526. About 6.3% of families and 6.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.7% of those under age 18 and 16.8% of those age 65 or over.
The City of Lake Dallas is served by the Lake Dallas Independent School District. The library for the area is the Lake Cities Library.
The North Texas Tollway Authority has completed a bridge in August 2009 linking Lake Dallas and Little Elm, Texas. The bridge connects Swisher Road in Lake Dallas with Eldorado Parkway in Little Elm. A bridge previously connected the two cities, but was removed in the 1950s when the United States Army Corps of Engineers expanded Lewisville Lake.
Places of interest
- Lewisville Lake 
- Lakeview Marina 
- Lakeview Airport, a privately owned paved airstrip is located on the city shoreline of Lewisville Lake 
- Montserrat, a retreat facility owned and operated by the Jesuits
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Lake Dallas has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lake Dallas city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lake Dallas city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- lakedallas.com. "Our Story". Archived from the original on 2009-06-06. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Climate Summary for Lake Dallas, Texas