Mabiala with Portland Timbers in 2019
|Full name||Larrys Mabiala Destin|
|Date of birth||8 October 1987|
|Place of birth||Montfermeil, France|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2007||→ Plymouth Argyle (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:33, 4 November 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13:22, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
Larrys Mabiala Destin (born 8 October 1987) is a Congolese footballer who plays for the Portland Timbers, having previously played for Turkish Süper Lig club Kayserispor as a defender, Paris Saint-Germain, Plymouth Argyle, and Nice. He has been capped by DR Congo at international level.
Mabiala began playing football at a young age, representing Nogent-on-Oise and Chantilly, before joining Paris Saint-Germain at the age of 14. He signed his first professional contract in November 2006 and made two appearances during the 2006–07 season, in the Coupe de la Ligue and UEFA Cup. A France under-21 international, Mabiala joined English club Plymouth Argyle on a season-long loan in August 2007. A long-term knee injury blighted his time with the club, forcing him to return to Paris for treatment, and the loan was eventually cancelled. Mabiala returned to Paris Saint-Germain in January 2008 and went on to make three appearances in Ligue 1, scoring once.
He was transferred to fellow Ligue 1 side Nice in June 2009 for an undisclosed fee and signed a four-year contract. Two and a half years later, Mabiala left Nice to join Turkish club Karabükspor for an undisclosed fee, having agreed a contract with the Süper Lig side until the summer of 2014.
Having represented France at youth international level, Mabiala received his first call-up to represent Congo DR in 2008. He made his senior international debut in a 1–1 draw with Algeria in Nanterre.
- "List of Players" (PDF). Confederation of African Football (CAF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Larrys Mabiala". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Happy With Larrys". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 31 August 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Plymouth recruit defender Mabiala". BBC Sport. 31 August 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Mabiala back at PSG for treatment". BBC Sport. 9 October 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "On The Way". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 20 December 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Larrys Mabiala, du PSG à l'OGC Nice" (in French). OGC Nice. 11 June 2009. Archived from the original on 14 June 2009. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Mabiala, quatre ans à Nice". L'Équipe (in French). 11 June 2009. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Mabiala moves to Karabukspor". FIFA. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Mabiala à Karabükspor (off.)". L'Équipe (in French). 6 January 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Kayserispor'da 3 transfer". TRT Haber (in Turkish). 11 July 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Portland Timbers sign Congolese center back Larrys Mabiala". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- Larrys Mabiala – UEFA competition record
- Larrys Mabiala – French league stats at LFP
- Larrys Mabiala at L'Équipe Football (in French)
- Larrys Mabiala at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to association football in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|