Lemon Grove Depot
|San Diego Trolley Station|
Lemon Grove Depot building
|Location||3443 Main Street|
Lemon Grove, CA
|Owned by||San Diego Metropolitan Transit System|
|Connections||Buses 856, 936|
Lemon Grove Depot is a station of the Orange Line on the San Diego Trolley. It is located in the suburb of Lemon Grove, California and is meant to serve the densely populated surrounding commercial area and residential community.
Lemon Grove Promenade
Lemon Grove officials launched a $5.1 million project on redeveloping the immediate area surrounding the Lemon Grove Depot into a Promenade, which was designed to include a plaza, park, and two windmills to help generate electricity. Construction of this promenade began on July 19, 2012, with its grand opening ceremony held on September 27, 2013. The project subsequently won an award.
Lemon Grove Certified Farmers' Market
After approval from the Lemon Grove City Council in January 2015 and the San Diego County Department of Agriculture, the Certified Farmers' Market takes place at the Lemon Grove Depot trolley station every Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. The Certified Farmers' Market is the result of a community effort to promote both outdoor activities near the Main Street Promenade and public transportation. Certified Farmers' Market vendors offer locally-grown organic produce, handmade crafts, and gift items.
Platforms and tracks
|Westbound||■ Orange Line||toward Courthouse (Massachusetts Avenue)|
|Eastbound||■ Orange Line||toward Arnele Avenue (Spring Street)|
- "Trolley Renewal Project". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. March 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "Trolley Renewal Project". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. September 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Huard, Christine (July 19, 2012). "City Breaks Ground on Main Street Promenade Today". Lemon Grove Patch. Retrieved 2014-09-16.
- Huard, Christine (September 26, 2013). "Lemon Grove Set to Celebrate Main Street Promenade Grand Opening". Lemon Grove Patch. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Pearlman, Karen (March 19, 2014). "Lemon Grove promenade earns public works award". U-T San Diego. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|