17 December 1976|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
Leroy Rivett (born 17 December 1976) is an English former professional rugby league, and rugby union footballer of the 1990s and 2000s. He played club level rugby league (RL) for Leeds Rhinos, Bramley (loan), Huddersfield Giants, Keighley Cougars, Warrington Wolves (Heritage № 1027), Chorley Lynx (loan), Doncaster Dragons (loan) (Heritage № 874), Leigh Centurions (two spells) (Heritage № 1207), Villefranche, Hull Kingston Rovers, and Rochdale Hornets, as a wing, and played club level rugby union (RU) for Sale Sharks, and Otley R.U.F.C., as wing.
Leroy Rivett's amateur career began for the Leeds side Pendas Panthers (now known as Whinmoor Warriors) for the under-eleven age-group, but he soon moved to play for East Leeds, where he joined numerous other future professionals in a very strong junior team. As this team grew older, it won numerous trophies, most notably the British Amateur Rugby League Association National Youth League and National Youth Cup double in 1995. In September 1995, he joined Leeds Rhinos.
Rivett rose to prominence towards the end of the season, helping Leeds reach the 1998 Super League Grand Final by scoring two tries in the final eliminator of the Super League play-offs against St. Helens. He played on the wing for the final in the 10–4 defeat by Wigan Warriors.
Rivett is perhaps best known for his performance for Leeds Rhinos in the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at Wembley Stadium in 1999 when he grabbed four tries against London Broncos and walked away with the Lance Todd Trophy as man of the match.
Leroy Rivett made his début for Warrington Wolves on Friday 19 April 2002, and he played his last match for Warrington Wolves on Saturday 22 June 2002.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Statistics at robterrace.com". robterrace.com. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Sport: Rugby League Challenge Cup teams and profiles". BBC News. 1 May 1999. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Rhinos charge through to final". Herald Scotland. 19 October 1998. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Sport: Rugby League Rhino charge overpowers Broncos". BBC News. 1 May 1999. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- (archived by web.archive.org) Profile at Leeds Rhinos website