|Headquarters||North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Parent||Lions Gate Entertainment|
The company was founded in 1997 with the establishment of Lions Gate Films. In 1998, they acquired documentary/reality production company Termite Art Productions, and was reacquired by Erik Nelson in 2004 and renamed Termite Art to Creative Differences.
On July 12, 2006, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. expanded into television syndication when the company acquired television distribution company Debmar-Mercury. Before the acquisition, Debmar-Mercury syndicated the Lionsgate film library. 20th Television is handling ad-sales to the series distributed by Debmar-Mercury with the exception for Meet the Browns, as the ad-sales are handled by Disney-ABC Domestic Television and Turner Television co-distributing the series.
On March 13, 2012, Lionsgate Television formed a new 50/50 joint venture with Thunderbird Films, a company founded by Frank Giustra, who was the founder and chairman of Lionsgate. The new venture is called Sea to Sky Entertainment.
The following is a partial list of the division's productions:
- Nashville (2012–present) on ABC
- Orange Is the New Black (2013–present), on Netflix
- Deal with It (2013–present) on TBS
- The Royals (2015–present) on E! Entertainment Television
- Anger Management, (2012–2014) television adaptation of the 2003 film of the same name (Produced by Joe Roth)
- Ascension TV miniseries on Syfy
- Blue Mountain State (Spike) (2010-2012)
- Boss (2011-2012), on Starz
- Crash (2008-2010), on Starz
- The Dead Zone (2002-2007) on USA
- Dear Santa, on Fox Network
- Detroit 1-8-7 (2010-2011), on ABC
- The Dresden Files on Syfy
- Fear Itself on NBC
- Five Days to Midnight on Syfy
- Nurse Jackie, (2009–2015) on Showtime
- Hidden Palms on The CW
- I Pity the Fool on TV Land
- The Lost Room, on the Sci Fi Channel
- Lovespring International, on Lifetime
- Mad Men (2007–2015) on AMC
- Missing on Lifetime
- Partners on FX TV
- Paris Hilton's My New BFF (2008-2011), on MTV (US & UAE Seasons) & ITV2 (UK Season), via Ish Entertainment
- Partners on FX TV
- Running Wilde on Fox
- Speed Racer: The Next Generation (co-produced by Animation Collective and Nickelodeon Animation Studios) (2007-2008, 2011–2012) on Nicktoons Network
- Weeds (2005-2012), on Showtime
- Wildfire, on ABC Family
- Academy of Arts & Sciences Foundation - 2008 Panelist Bios
- "PR Newswire" Lionsgate Expands Into Television Syndication Business, Acquires Debmar-Mercury prnewswire.com
- "TV News Check" 20th Century TV to handle ad sales of both Debmar-Mercury shows for 2007 season. tvnewscheck.com Retrieved on March 13, 2012
- "Hollywood Deadline" Lionsgate In TV Venture With Frank Giustra deadline.com Retrieved on March 13, 2012
- "The Globe and Mail" Frank Giustra launches Sea to Sky Entertainment theglobeandmail.com Retrieved on March 14, 2012
- "Chicago Tribune" Lionsgate, Thunderbird pact for TV: Guistra reunites with company he founded chicagotribune.com Retrieved on March 14, 2012
- Pederson, Erik. "Susan Sarandon To Star In Epix Comedy ‘Graves’ Opposite Nick Nolte". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2015-07-11.
- TV Teams with Mars One for Reality Series, Parabolic Arc, 17 March 2014.
- "Ascension (Syfy)". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 20, 2014.