List of U.S. Highways in Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of U.S. Routes in Indiana)
Standard US Highway shields
|Notes:||Indiana Routes are generally state-maintained.|
|Interstates:||Interstate X (I-X)|
|US Routes:||U.S. Route X (US X)|
|State:||State Road X (SR X)|
|Number||Length (mi)||Length (km)||Southern or western terminus||Northern or eastern terminus||Formed||Removed||Notes|
|US 6||149.00||239.79||I-80/I-94/US 6 at Hammond||US 6 near Butler||1931||current||Grand Army of the Republic Highway|
|US 12||45.16||72.68||US 12/US 20/US 41 at Whiting||US 12 at Michiana Shores||1926||current||Iron Brigade Highway|
|US 20||155.50||250.25||US 12/US 20/US 41 at Whiting||US 20 near Angola||1926||current|
|US 24||164.30||264.42||US 24/US 52 near Kentland||US 24 near Fort Wayne||1926||current|
|US 27||117.78||189.55||US 27 near Liberty||I-69/US 24/US 30 in Fort Wayne||1926||current||Previously extended northward into Michigan|
|US 30||155.96||250.99||US 30 at Dyer||US 30 near Fort Wayne||1926||current||Lincoln Highway|
|US 31||266.02||428.12||US 31 at Clarksville||US 31 near South Bend||1926||current|
|US 33||94.72||152.44||US 33 near Decatur||US 20 in Elkhart||1937||current||Previously extended into Michigan|
|US 35||210.22||338.32||I-70/US 35 near Richmond||US 20 in Michigan City||—||—|
|US 36||138.99||223.68||US 36 near Dana||US 36 near Lynn||1926||current|
|US 40||156.16||251.32||US 40 near Liggett||US 40 near Richmond||1926||current||National Road|
|US 41||279.79||450.28||US 41 at Evansville||US 12/US 20/US 41 at Whiting||1926||current|
|US 50||171.38||275.81||US 50 at Vincennes||US 50 near Lawrenceburg||1926||current|
|US 52||—||—||US 24/US 52 near Kentland||I-74/US 52 at Ohio state line||1926||current|
|US 112S||—||—||Rolling Prairie||Michigan state line||1933||1934|
|US 131||0.67||1.08||I-80/I-90 (Indiana Toll Road) near Middlebury||US 131 near Middlebury||1961||current|
|US 136||75.30||121.18||US 136 near Foster||I-74/I-465 in Speedway||1952||current|
|US 150||177.17||285.13||US 150 near West Terre Haute||I-64/US 150 at New Albany||—||—|
|US 224||39.63||63.78||US 24 in Huntington||US 224 near Decatur||1934||current|
|US 231||285.82||459.98||US 231 at Rockport||US 41 in St. John||1954||current|
|US 421||231.89||373.19||US 421 near Madison||US 20 in Michigan City||1951||current|
- Indiana Department of Transportation. INDOT Roadway Referencing System (PDF). Indiana Department of Transportation. Retrieved May 15, 2009.
- Weingroff, Richard F. (April 7, 2011). "U.S. 6 and The Grand Army of the Republic Highway". Highway History. Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- Weingroff, Richard (April 7, 2011). "US 12 Michigan to Washington". Highway History. Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Memorial Highways and Bridges". Indiana Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 18, 2010.
- Bureau of Public Roads & American Association of State Highway Officials (November 11, 1926). United States System of Highways Adopted for Uniform Marking by the American Association of State Highway Officials (Map). 1:7,000,000. Washington, DC: U.S. Geological Survey. OCLC 32889555. Retrieved November 7, 2013 – via University of North Texas Libraries.
- Weingroff, Richard (April 7, 2011). "US 231 Indiana to Florida: How a Highway Grew". Highway History. Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved May 15, 2012.