List of Westfield shopping centres
"Westfield" is a brand name for retail complexes owned by Westfield Corporation (United States and United Kingdom) and by Scentre Group (Australia and New Zealand), companies specialising in retail-centre development, ownership, operation and management. The brand originated in Australia in 1959; it has an extensive presence in Australian retail management. It also has a large presence in the United States and to a lesser extent in New Zealand and in the United Kingdom. Westfield Corporation plans to open Europe's biggest shopping center in Milan, Italy in 2020.
- 1 Scentre Group centres
- 2 Westfield Corporation centres
- 2.1 United Kingdom
- 2.2 United States
- 2.3 Former Westfield properties in the United States
- 3 Italy
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Scentre Group centres
Auckland metro area
- Westfield Albany, Albany
- Westfield Manukau City, Manukau
- Westfield Newmarket, Newmarket
- Westfield St Lukes, Mount Albert
Christchurch metro area
Former Westfield properties in New Zealand
- Chartwell Shopping Centre, Hamilton, sold to Stride Property in November 2015
- Downtown Shopping Centre, Auckland CBD, (formerly Westfield Downtown), demolished in 2016 to make way for a new development and the City Rail Link train tunnel.
- Glenfield Mall, Glenfield, Auckland (formerly Westfield Glenfield), sold to Ladstone Glenfield Ltd. in November 2015
- Pakuranga Plaza, Pakuranga, Auckland (formerly Westfield Pakuranga), sold to GYP Properties in October 2014
- Queensgate Shopping Centre, Lower Hutt, sold to Stride Property in November 2015
- Shore City Shopping Centre, Takapuna, Auckland (formerly Westfield Shore City), sold its 50% share to Aviva Investors in June 2012
- Westfield WestCity, Henderson, Auckland, sold to Australian family business Angaet Group in February 2017, and renamed WestCity Waitakere.
Westfield Corporation centres
- Westfield London, White City, London
- Westfield Stratford City, London
- Whitgift Centre, Croydon, London
Former Westfield properties in the United Kingdom
- The Broadway, Bradford, Bradford, sold to Meyer Berman in 2012. Never opened as a Westfield.
- The Friary Guildford (formerly Westfield The Friary), Guildford (2000–2012), sold to Hermes Real Estate in February 2012
- Intu Derby (formerly Westfield Derby), Derby (2007–2014), sold to Intu Properties in March 2014
- Intu Merry Hill (formerly Westfield Merry Hill), Brierley Hill (2004–2014), sold to Intu Properties in March 2014
- Intu Broadmarsh (formerly Broadmarsh Centre), Nottingham (2001–2011), sold to Intu Properties in November 2011
- Royal Victoria Place (formerly Westfield Royal Victoria), Tunbridge Wells (2000–2012), sold to Hermes Real Estate in February 2012
- Northern Ireland
Westfield Corporation owns and operates 32 shopping centers containing nearly 5,800 stores, attracting 330 million shopper visits in 2015 with locations in 8 states (California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Washington).
|Westfield Century City||Los Angeles||1964||1,300,000 sq ft (120,000 m2)||Century Square Shopping Center|
Westfield Shoppingtown Century City
|Westfield Culver City||Culver City||1975||1,061,687 sq ft (98,633.9 m2)||Fox Hills Mall|
Westfield Shoppingtown Fox Hills
|Westfield Fashion Square||Sherman Oaks||1962||856,865 sq ft (79,605.4 m2)||Sherman Oaks Fashion Square|
Westfield Shoppingtown Fashion Square
|Westfield Galleria at Roseville||Roseville||2000||1,313,758 sq ft (122,052.1 m2)||Galleria at Roseville|
Westfield Shoppingtown Galleria at Roseville
|Westfield Horton Plaza||San Diego||1985||733,667 sq ft (68,159.9 m2)||Horton Plaza|
Westfield Shoppingtown Horton Plaza
|Westfield Mission Valley||San Diego||1961||1,574,912 sq ft (146,314.1 m2)||Mission Valley Center|
Westfield Shoppingtown Mission Valley
|Westfield North County||Escondido||1986||1,204,549 sq ft (111,906.3 m2)||North County Fair|
Westfield Shoppingtown North County Fair
|Westfield Oakridge||San Jose||1971||1,139,985 sq ft (105,908.1 m2)||Oakridge Mall|
Westfield Shoppingtown Oakridge
|Westfield Palm Desert||Palm Desert||1982||916,622 sq ft (85,157.0 m2)||Palm Desert Town Center|
Westfield Shoppingtown Palm Desert
|Westfield Plaza Bonita||National City||1981||1,034,163 sq ft (96,076.9 m2)||Plaza Bonita|
Westfield Shoppingtown Plaza Bonita
|Westfield Promenade||Woodland Hills||1973||615,400 sq ft (57,170 m2)||The Promenade at Woodland Hills|
Westfield Shoppingtown Promenade
|Westfield San Francisco Centre||San Francisco||1988||1,443,624 sq ft (134,117.1 m2)||San Francisco Shopping Centre|
|Westfield Santa Anita||Arcadia||1974||1,475,916 sq ft (137,117.1 m2)||Santa Anita Fashion Park|
Westfield Shoppingtown Santa Anita
|Westfield Topanga||Canoga Park||1964||1,583,398 sq ft (147,102.5 m2)||Topanga Plaza|
Westfield Shoppingtown Topanga
|Westfield Valencia Town Center||Valencia||1992||1,074,263 sq ft (99,802.3 m2)||Valencia Town Center|
Westfield Shoppingtown Valencia Town Center
|Westfield Valley Fair||Santa Clara||1986||1,497,728 sq ft (139,143.5 m2)||Valley Fair|
Westfield Shoppingtown Valley Fair
|Westfield UTC||University City||1977||1,109,116 sq ft (103,040.2 m2)||University Towne Centre|
Westfield Shoppingtown University Towne Center
|Westfield Meriden||Meriden||1971||892,712 sq ft (82,935.7 m2)||Meriden Square Mall|
Westfield Shoppingtown Meriden
|Westfield Trumbull||Trumbull||1964||1,124,614 sq ft (104,480.1 m2)||Trumbull Shopping Park|
Westfield Shoppingtown Trumbull
|Westfield Brandon||Brandon||1995||1,148,402 sq ft (106,690.0 m2)||Brandon Town Center|
Westfield Shoppingtown Brandon
|Westfield Broward||Plantation||1978||979,865 sq ft (91,032.4 m2)||Broward Mall|
Westfield Shoppingtown Broward
|Westfield Citrus Park||Tampa||1999||1,131,310 sq ft (105,102 m2)||Citrus Park Town Center|
Westfield Shoppingtown Citrus Park
|Westfield Countryside||Clearwater||1975||979,865 sq ft (91,032.4 m2)||Countryside Mall|
Westfield Shoppingtown Countryside
|Westfield Sarasota Square||Sarasota||1977||1,023,689 sq ft (95,103.8 m2)||Sarasota Square Mall|
Westfield Shoppingtown Sarasota Square
|Westfield Siesta Key||Sarasota||1956||421,844 sq ft (39,190.6 m2)||Southgate Plaza|
Westfield Shoppingtown Southgate
- Westfield Annapolis - Annapolis, Maryland - 1,495,700 sq ft
- Westfield Montgomery - Bethesda, Maryland - 1,241,471 sq ft
- Westfield Wheaton - Wheaton, Maryland - 1,636,671 sq ft
- Westfield South Shore - Bay Shore, New York - 1,165,000 sq ft
- Westfield Sunrise - Massapequa, New York - 1,211,643 sq ft
- Westfield World Trade Center - New York, New York - 350,000 sq ft (managed, owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey)
Former Westfield properties in the United States
- The Shoppes at Carlsbad - Carlsbad, California - sold to Rouse Properties in November 2015
- Downtown Commons - Sacramento, California - sold to JMA Ventures in 2012 and then the Sacramento Kings in 2014
- Eagle Rock Plaza - Los Angeles, California - sold to Centro Properties in May 2006
- Metreon - San Francisco, California - sold to Starwood Capital Group in April 2012. Westfield currently continues to be responsible for management.
- MainPlace Mall - Santa Ana, California - sold to Centennial Real Estate in December 2015
- Plaza West Covina - West Covina, California - sold to Starwood Capital Group in October 2013
- Parkway Plaza - El Cajon, California - sold to Starwood Capital Group in October 2013
- Solano Town Center - Fairfield, California - sold to Starwood Capital Group in April 2012
- Connecticut Post Mall - Milford, Connecticut - sold to Centennial Real Estate in December 2015
- Enfield Square - Enfield, Connecticut - sold to Centro Properties in May 2006
- Fox Valley Mall - Aurora, Illinois - sold to Centennial Real Estate in December 2015
- Hawthorn Mall - Vernon Hills, Illinois - sold to Centennial Real Estate in December 2015
- The Shops at North Bridge - Chicago, Illinois - sold to Macerich in October 2007 
- Chicago Ridge Mall - Chicago Ridge, Illinois - sold to Starwood Capital Partners in April 2012
- Louis Joliet Mall - Joliet, Illinois - sold to Starwood Capital Partners in April 2012
- Chesterfield Mall - Chesterfield, Missouri - sold to CBL Properties in August 2007
- Crestwood Court - Crestwood, Missouri - sold to Centrum Properties in 2008
- Mid Rivers Mall - St. Peters, Missouri - sold to CBL Properties in August 2007
- South County Center - Mehlville, Missouri - sold to CBL Properties in August 2007
- West County Center - Des Peres, Missouri - sold to CBL Properties in August 2007
- West Park Mall - Cape Girardeau, Missouri - sold to Centro Properties in May 2006
- Eastridge Mall - Gastonia, North Carolina - sold to CityView Commercial in September 2013
- Independence Mall - Wilmington, North Carolina - sold to Centro Properties in May 2006
- Belden Village Mall - Canton, Ohio - sold to Starwood Capital Group in October 2013
- Franklin Park Mall - Toledo, Ohio - sold to Starwood Capital Group in October 2013
- Great Northern Mall - North Olmsted, Ohio - sold to Starwood Capital Group in October 2013
- Midway Mall - Elyria, Ohio - sold to Centro Properties in May 2006
- Richland Mall - Mansfield, Ohio - sold to Centro Properties in May 2006
- SouthPark Mall - Strongsville, Ohio - sold to Starwood Capital Group in April 2012
- Capital Mall - Olympia, Washington - sold to Starwood Capital Group in October 2013
- Vancouver Mall - Vancouver, Washington - sold to Centennial Real Estate in December 2015
Westfield planned to open in Milan. It will be Europe’s largest, most exclusive shopping centre, designed on the basis of a clearly defined vision: 450 stores (including Galeries Lafayette), food court, 14-screen multiplex cinema, a luxury village, an exclusive hotel, entertainment and cultural spaces, probably Armani palasport (sport facility). The project is plagued with many problems and was originally scheduled to be opened in 2010. As of December 2015, the most recent plans is to have construction started in 2017 and have the development completed in 2020.
- Harris, Catherine (2015-11-30). "Why Scentre sold three NZ Westfield shopping malls". Stuff.co.nz.
- Catherine Gaffaney (22 May 2016). "Last week for shoppers at Auckland downtown mall". NZ Herald.
- "Watch $850m project: preparing for NZ's biggest commercial development". NZ Herald. 23 November 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Glenfield Announcement" (Press release). Westfield Group. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Harris, Catherine (2014-10-20). "Pakuranga Plaza sold to Singapore investors". Stuff.co.nz.
- Gibson, Anne (2012-06-29). "Westfield sells Auckland's Shore City mall". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- "Auckland mall WestCity sold for A$147m". NZ Herald. 21 February 2017. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- Holland, Tiffany (18 October 2012). "Westfield sells Bradford shopping centre site to Meyer Berman". RetailWeek.
Meyer Bergman, which manages retail property in Europe and owns the Burlington Arcade in London, is understood to have agreed to buy the scheme from Westfield for around £200m. Under the agreement, Westfield will build the scheme, branded Westfield Broadway, and manage it for a fee once it has been completed.
- "CastleCourt shopping centre in Belfast sold". BBC News. 2012-02-14.
- "Westfield sells Derby, Merry Hill and Sprucefield shopping centres to Intu". BBC News. 2014-03-20.
- "Westfield sells Nottingham's Broadmarsh shopping centre". BBC News. 10 November 2011.
- "Centres in United States". Westfield Corporation. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- Showley, Roger (2015-11-04). "Westfield selling Carlsbad mall". San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Corker, Melissa (2012-08-15). "Struggling Downtown Plaza gets new owners – can they turn it around?". Sacramento Press.
- McDonald, Ian (2014-01-23). "JMA Ventures Sells Downtown Plaza to Kings Group". KTXL.
- Heschmeyer, Mark (2006-05-11). "Australian Firm To Buy a Half Billion in Westfield Malls: Centro Watt Enters Mall Business; US Platform Positioned To Continue Growth". CoStar Group.
- "Westfield Group to sell SouthPark Mall in Strongsville". Crains Cleveland Business. 2012-04-18.
- Murphy, H. Lee (2015-08-13). "Westfield sells stakes in two Chicago-area malls". Crain's Chicago Business.
- Drummer, Randyl (2013-09-16). "Westfield Sells Seven More Malls to Starwood Capital for $1.6B: Australia-Based Mall Operator Strikes Second Huge Deal With Starwood In Less Than 18 Months". CoStar Group.
- Corfman, Thomas A. (2007-10-03). "California firm to buy Shops of North Bridge". Crain's Chicago Business.
- "Starwood Capital to buy 2 local Westfield malls". Crain's Chicago Business. 2012-04-18.
- "Westfield sells area malls for $1B". St. Louis Business Journal. 2007-08-10.
- Brown, Lisa (2013-11-27). "Owners put Crestwood Court up for sale". St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Olberding, Matt (2012-04-18). "Gateway mall sold". Lincoln Journal Star.
- Memrick, Amanda (2013-09-18). "Gastonia mall gets new owners". The Gaston Gazette. Archived from the original on 2013-12-25.
- "Galeries Lafayette to Open in Milan". Women's Wear Daily. 2014-06-12.
- "Westfield Milano". NiiProgetti (in Italian). 2014-05-28.
- "Westfield, l'apertura a Segrate si sposta al 2020" [Westfield, expected opening in Segrate 2020]. Pambianco Magazine (in Italian). 2015-12-04.