List of legally mononymous people
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a list of notable people whose full legal name is a mononym, either by name change or by being born mononymic (such as in Indonesia, or Japanese royalty). This list does not include people who are mononymous only as a stage name, pen name, in certain contexts, or by dint of fame.
- Akihito (born 1933), Japanese emperor
- Boediono (born 1943) former Vice President of Indonesia
- Cher (born 1946 as Cherilyn Sarkisian) American singer and actress
- Chyna (born Joan Marie Laurer, 1970–2016), American professional wrestler and actress.
- DotComGuy (born and reverted to Mitch Maddox), American computer specialist
- Goodspaceguy (born Michael George Nelson, 1938) American perennial political candidate
- Govindjee, biochemist
- Hirohito (1901–1989), Japanese emperor
- Indrani (photographer) Indian-British-Canadian director, photographer, girls' empowerment activist and author born Indrani Pal-Chaudhuri. 
- iOTA (born 1968/1969) Australian musician and actor
- KentuckyFriedCruelty.com, (born and reverted to Christopher Garnett), American animal rights activist
- Mayawati (born 1956) former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Michiko (born 1934 Michiko Shōda), Japanese empress consort
- Nenê (born 1982 Maybyner Rodney Hilario) Brazilian basketball player
- Loongkoonan, Australian aboriginal artist
- Riazuddin (1930–2013), Pakistani physicist
- Sjumandjaja (1934–1985)Indonesian director, screenwriter, and actor
- Sudirman (1916–1950) Indonesian National Hero and the first commander of Indonesian Armed Forces
- Suharto (1921–2008) Indonesian president (1968-1998)
- Sukarno (1901–1970) Indonesian president (1945-1967)
- Supriyadi (1923–?) Indonesian National Hero and the first appointed Indonesian Minister of Public Security
- Teller (born 1948 Raymond Joseph Teller) American magician
- Triyatno (born 1987) Indonesian weightlifter and Olympic silver medalist
- Warrior (born James Brian Hellwig, 1959–2014) American professional wrestler
- U Thant (1909-1974), longest-serving Secretary-General of the United Nations ("U" being, rather than a first name, a commonly added title translating as "mister" or "sir")
- Winter (born 1972 Rafael Antonio Lozano Jr., changed to John Winter Smith, then to just Winter)
- "Turning Back Time". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- "Copy of Name Change Document" (PDF). 2007-11-07. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Ervin, Keith (12 August 2007). "Goodspaceguy Nelson challenges Constantine in race for District 8". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 13 May 2014.