List of members of the 6th Northern Ireland Assembly
|6th Northern Ireland Assembly|
|Meeting place||Parliament Buildings,|
|Election||2017 assembly election|
|Government||Executive of the 6th Assembly|
|deputy First Minister||Vacant|
This is a list of the 90 members of the sixth Northern Ireland Assembly, the unicameral devolved legislature of Northern Ireland. The election took place on 2 March 2017, with counting finishing the following day; voter turnout was estimated at 64.8%.
Only five (rather than six) MLAs were elected from each of the 18 constituencies, following the Assembly Members (Reduction of Numbers) Act (Northern Ireland) 2016. The reduction negatively affected Unionist candidates whose bloc lost its majority for the first time in the history of the Assembly. The SDLP was also negatively impacted, losing its only West Belfast seat.
However, with the DUP and Sinn Féin unable to agree to form their mandatory coalition government, the Assembly did not formally convene. On 27 April, talks were paused until after a snap general election on 8 June, with a deadline of 29 June for the parties to reach agreement.
|Democratic Unionist Party||Unionist||27|
|Social Democratic and Labour Party||Nationalist||12|
|Ulster Unionist Party||Unionist||10|
|Alliance Party of Northern Ireland||Other||8|
|Green Party in Northern Ireland||Other||2|
|Traditional Unionist Voice||Unionist||1|
|People Before Profit Alliance||Other||1|
|Totals by Designation||Unionist||40|
Note: This is not the actual seating plan.
MLAs by party
MLAs by constituency
Changes since the election
|9 June 2017||West Tyrone||Sinn Féin||Barry McElduff elected as Member of Parliament for West Tyrone in the 2017 general election.|
|9 June 2017||Foyle||Sinn Féin||Elisha McCallion elected as Member of Parliament for Foyle in the 2017 general election.|
|9 June 2017||Fermanagh and South Tyrone||Sinn Féin||Michelle Gildernew elected as Member of Parliament for Fermanagh and South Tyrone in the 2017 general election.|
|9 June 2017||South Down||Sinn Féin||Chris Hazzard elected as Member of Parliament for South Down in the 2017 general election.|
|9 June 2017||South Antrim||DUP||Paul Girvan elected as Member of Parliament for South Antrim in the 2017 general election.|
|20 June 2017||West Tyrone||Sinn Féin||Catherine Kelly co-opted by Sinn Féin to replace Barry McElduff.|
|20 June 2017||Foyle||Sinn Féin||Karen Mullan co-opted by Sinn Féin to replace Elisha McCallion.|
|20 June 2017||Fermanagh and South Tyrone||Sinn Féin||Colm Gildernew co-opted by Sinn Féin to replace Michelle Gildernew.|
|20 June 2017||South Down||Sinn Féin||Emma Rogan co-opted by Sinn Féin to replace Chris Hazzard.|
|28 June 2017||South Antrim||DUP||Trevor Clarke co-opted by the Democratic Unionist Party to replace Paul Girvan.|
|9 May 2018||South Down||DUP||Independent||DUP whip withdrawn from Jim Wells.|
|25 June 2018||South Antrim||Alliance||David Ford resigns.|
|27 June 2018||South Antrim||Alliance||John Blair co-opted by Alliance to replace David Ford.|
- "Northern Ireland Assembly election 2017 results". BBC News. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Assembly Members (Reduction of Numbers) Act (Northern Ireland) 2016". legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- McClafferty, Enda. "Assembly election 'a brutal result for unionism'". BBC News. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Tributes to mark the passing of former deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness". YouTube. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Stormont talks paused until after General Election". ITV News. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "New MLAs". The Electoral Office for Northern Ireland. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "New MLA - South Antrim Constituency". The Electoral Office of Northern Ireland. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "DUP's Wells has the whip withdrawn after attack on leadership". Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- McCormack, Jayne (2018-06-25). "David Ford stepping down from Stormont". BBC News. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- McCormack, Jayne (2018-06-27). "First openly gay MLA takes Stormont seat". BBC News. Retrieved 2018-08-21.