List of spiral DRAGNs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up spiral DRAGN in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Most DRAGNs are associated with elliptical galaxies, as are most double-lobed radio-galaxies. Spiral DRAGNs are inconsistent with currently known galaxy formation processes. As of 2015, there are 4 known spiral DRAGNs.
|galaxy 0313-192||2003||First known spiral DRAGN, located in Abell 428|||
|Speca||2011||Second known spiral DRAGN. It was the second galaxy shown to have three episodes of periodic activity, the first was an elliptical.||[NB 1]|
|J2345-0449||2014||Third known spiral DRAGN (found and studied first by Bagchi et al. 2014) with two episodic activities, observed at radio wavelengths and measuring about 1.6 Megaparsecs in total size.|
(SDSS J1649+2635, FIRST J1649+2635)
|2014||Fourth known spiral DRAGN; first located in a grand design spiral galaxy.|||
- SPECA = Spiral-host Episodic radio galaxy tracing Cluster Accretion
- Minnie Mao; Ryan Duffin; Frazer Owen; William Keel; Jay Blanchard (2013-08-02). "A low-band study of the spiral DRAGN 1649+26". NRAO. VLA/14A-406. Cite journal requires
- University of Manchester, "Here be Spiral DRAGNs", H2020-EU.1.3.2., CORDIS, 660432
- Minnie Mao (2015). "Spiral DRAGNs in the local Universe". NRAO Postdoctoral Symposium (Socorro NM). NRAO. 11.
- "Giant Radio Jet Coming From Wrong Kind of Galaxy". NRAO. 8 January 2003.
- Jaime Trosper (6 December 2014). "Astronomers Find a Strange, Perplexing Spiral Galaxy". From Quarks to Quasars.
- "Exotic Galaxy Reveals Tantalizing Tale". 25 August 2011.
- "Strange galaxy perplexes astronomers: Prominent 'jets' of subatomic particles". ScienceDaily. 2 December 2014.
- Minnie Y. Mao; Frazer Owen; Ryan Duffin; Bill Keel; Mark Lacy; Emmanuel Momjian; Glenn Morrison; Tony Mroczkowski; Susan Neff; Ray P. Norris; Henrique Schmitt; Vicki Toy; Sylvain Veilleux (2015). "J1649+26: A Grand-Design Spiral with a Large Double-Lobed Radio Source". Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 446 (4): 4176–4185. arXiv:1410.8520. Bibcode:2015MNRAS.446.4176M. doi:10.1093/mnras/stu2302. S2CID 119234804.