Liverpool University Press
|Parent company||University of Liverpool|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Distribution||Turpin Distribution (UK and most of world)|
Oxford University Press (Americas)
Ta Tong Book Company (Taiwan)
|Publication types||Books, academic journals|
|Imprints||Liverpool University Press, Modern Languages Open, Pavilion Poetry|
|No. of employees||13|
Liverpool University Press (LUP), founded in 1899, is the third oldest university press in England after Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press. It specialises in modern languages, literatures, history, and visual culture and currently publishes more than 150 books a year, as well as 34 academic journals. LUP's books are distributed in North America by Oxford University Press.
One of the earliest heads of the press was Lascelles Abercrombie, the first poetry lecturer at the university.
The press has ongoing collaborations with Tate, Foundation for Art and Creative Technology, Bluecoat Chambers, Public Monuments and Sculpture Association, and National Museums Liverpool. Among its flagship journals, the Bulletin of Hispanic Studies has been published since 1923 and Town Planning Review celebrated its centenary in 2010.
In 2015, the press launched Pavilion Poetry, a new imprint publishing collections of contemporary poetry. Mona Arshi was one of the first poets to be published; and her book, Small Hands, won The Felix Dennis Prize for Best First Collection at the 2015 Forward Prizes for Poetry.
The press was shortlisted for the Independent Publishing Awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014, and in 2015 won the IPG Award for Academic and Professional Publisher of the Year. In the same year, the press won the Bookseller Industry Award for Independent Academic, Educational and Professional Publisher of the Year.
- For Booksellers
- "About Us". Liverpool University Press.
- "Information for Booksellers". Liverpool University Press.
- "Our Partners". Liverpool University Press.
- "Good for publishers". Knowledge Unlatched.
- "Modern Languages Open". Liverpool University Press.
- "Upcoming Events". Homepage. Forward Arts Foundation. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Awards and Nominations". Liverpool University Press.
- Droop, J. P. The University Press of Liverpool: A Record of Progress, 1899–1946, with a Catalogue of All Publications. Liverpool University Press, 1947
- Liverpool University Press Archive, University of Liverpool Library, Special Collections and Archives