Lost World (manga)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The cover of Lost World
(Rosuto Waarudo <Zenseiki>)
|Written by||Osamu Tezuka|
|Published by||Fuji Shobo
|Magazine||Konsoi Yoron Newspaper, Boken-O|
|Published||December 20, 1948|
A new planet begins to approach Earth. Scientists know nothing about the planet and decide to venture to it in order to discover its inhabitants and conditions. They discover that it is inhabited by dinosaurs and bears a resemblance to ancient Earth. The planet, named Mamango, broke off from Earth 5 million years ago and has come back for the first time since. The team soon discovers that criminals have stowed away on their space ship and that they have come to Mamango for their own devious reasons.
- Shunsaku Ban
- A detective investigating a murder that is somehow linked to the mysterious Planet Mamango.
- Kenichi Shikishima
- A bright young boy who realizes the powerful potential of rocks from Planet Mamango.
- Makeru Butamo
- A captain who pilots the rocket ship built by Kenichi to the Planet Mamango for an exploratory expedition.
- Sekken Kao
- A criminal who seeks the power of Planet Mamango.
In Japan, Lost World was published in two volumes by Fuji Shobo. The first book had the subtitle "The Earth", and the second one had the subtitle "The Universe"
When the English adaptation was published in the United States on July 30, 2003, both books were combined into a single volume .
- List of Osamu Tezuka manga
- List of Osamu Tezuka anime
- Metropolis (manga)
- Metropolis (2001 film)
- Nextworld (manga)
- Dark Horse Comics, Inc., "Official Lost World Page"
- Official Lost World page at publisher Dark Horse Comics, Inc.
- Lost World (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia