Lynn Fighting Knights
|Lynn Fighting Knights|
|Conference||Sunshine State Conference|
|Athletic director||Devin Crosby|
|Location||Boca Raton, FL|
|Basketball arena||de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center|
|Baseball stadium||Lynn Baseball Field|
|Soccer stadium||Bobby Campbell Stadium|
|Natatorium||McCusker Pool Complex|
|Colors||Blue and White
The Lynn Fighting Knights are the athletic teams that represent Lynn University, located in Boca Raton, Florida, in NCAA Division II intercollegiate sports. The Fighting Knights compete as members of the Sunshine State Conference for all 14 varsity sports. Lynn has been a member of the SSC since 1997.
List of teams
Men's sports (6)
Women's sports (8)
|NCAA||Division II||Baseball||2009||Emporia State||2–1|
|Women's Soccer||1998||Sonoma State||3–1|
|Women's Tennis||1997||Armstong Atlantic State||5–4|
|1998||Armstong Atlantic State||5–2|
On July 17, 2007, NCAA vacated Lynn's 2005 Women's Division II Softball Championship due to extra benefits given to two players. The NCAA found that former coach Thomas Macera gave two Lynn softball players cash payments totaling more than $3,000. Lynn was also placed on probation for two years.
- Staff (October 17, 2012). "Lynn University (Fla.) Adds Division II Men's Lacrosse". LaxPower.com. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- "Division II Baseball Championship Results" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- "NCAA Division II Women's Golf Championship Results" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- "Division II Women's Soccer Championship Results" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- "Division II Women's Tennis Championship Results" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "NCAA vacates Lynn's 2005 softball title", Palm Beach Post Staff, Palm Beach Post, July 17, 2007