Maduru Oya Dam
|Maduru Oya Dam|
Downstream view of the Maduru Oya Dam
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment dam|
|Height (foundation)||41 m (135 ft)|
|Length||1,090 m (3,580 ft)|
|Creates||Maduru Oya Reservoir|
|Total capacity||596,000,000 cubic metres (2.10×1010 cu ft)|
|Catchment area||453 km2 (175 sq mi)|
The Maduru Oya Dam is an irrigation dam built across the Maduru Oya. The embankment dam measures 1,090 m (3,580 ft) in length, 41 m (135 ft) in height, and creates the Maduru Oya Reservoir. The reservoir has a catchment area of 453 km2 (175 sq mi) and a storage capacity of 596,000,000 cubic metres (2.10×1010 cu ft) The proposed Maduru Oya Solar Power Station is to be built over the surface of the Maduru Oya reservoir.
- "Maduru Oya Reservoir". Dam Safety and Water Resources Planning Project. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Sri Lanka govt to call bids for 100MW floating solar power plant". Lanka Business Online. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "100MW floating solar power plant on Maduru Oya". Daily FT. 2 March 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- Maduru Oya Project: Feasibility Report (PDF). Ministry of Mahaweli Development. 20 August 1980. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- Maduru Oya Project: Feasibility Report (PDF). USAID. 20 August 1980. Retrieved 1 July 2017.