|Location||2151 Lapinière Boulevard
Brossard, Quebec, Canada
|Opening date||October 30, 1975|
|Management||Cominar Investement Trust|
|No. of stores and services||149|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||726,111 sq ft (67,457.9 m2). (GLA)|
|No. of floors||1|
|Parking||Outdoor and 4-level parking garage
Capacity: 4140 cars
The Champlain Mall (French: Mail Champlain) is a shopping mall located in Brossard, Quebec at the intersection of Taschereau Boulevard and Lapinière Boulevard. Champlain Mall is named in honour of Samuel de Champlain but references the Champlain Bridge that was built 13 years prior to the mall's opening.
Champlain Mall is strategically located in Brossard: on the South Shore's longest commercial artery Taschereau Boulevard (Quebec Route 134), near Autoroute 10 and adjacent to Terminus Brossard-Panama. Thus, the mall attracts about 6.4 million visitors every year.
After Ivanhoe Corporation submitted a request to the City for the development of land for a shopping mall on September 12, 1960, it took 15 years for the Champlain Mall to be constructed. Champlain Mall was built in three phases.
The first phase inaugurated on October 30, 1975 with a Sears and a Steinberg's as major anchors. Although the mall itself began operating in October, Sears and Steinberg's had been opened to the public since the beginning of the year.
The final expansion occurred in 1990. The Bay appeared as well as two new mall wings, both leading to The Bay store. An estimate of 50 new stores were added. The appearance of the current food court also happened during that third phase. In 1992, when Steinberg's went bankrupt, Metro took the space and occupied it until 2002.
Anchors and tenants
This is a list of the major anchors and tenants at Champlain Mall, organized by descending leased area.
- Sears (153,588 sq ft or 14,268.8 m2)
- The Bay (144,559 sq ft or 13,430.0 m2)
- Les Ailes de la Mode (65,214 sq ft or 6,058.6 m2)
- Atmosphère/Sports Experts (37,542 sq ft or 3,487.8 m2)
- Archambault (17,664 sq ft or 1,641.0 m2)
- "Champlain Mall: Profile". Ivanhoe Cambridge. Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- "About Us". Mail Champlain. Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- Pratt, Michel; Pépin, Karol. "Dictionnaire historique de Brossard: M" (in French). Société historique et culturelle du Marigot. Archived from the original on 2006-04-14. Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- Lacroix, Yvon-André; Séguin, Claire (1984). Brossard, de 1958 à 1983 : la création et l'évolution d'une banlieue (in French). Brossard, Quebec: Ville de Brossard. p. 97. ISBN 2-920421-00-X.
- "Champlain Mall: Facts". Ivanhoe Cambridge. Retrieved 2007-05-22.