Faisal Saleh Hayat
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Faisal Saleh Hayat|
|Minister of Interior|
|Preceded by||Moinuddin Haider|
|Succeeded by||Aftab Ahmad Sherpao|
|Born||21 July 1952
|Political party||Pakistan Peoples Party|
He is the sijada nasheen (lineal descendant) of Hazrat Peer Syed Mehboob Alam Shah, of Shah Jeewna. An agriculturist by profession, Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat holds a master's degree in law and a diploma in business administration from King's College London.
Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat was elected as Member of National Assembly of Pakistan for the terms of 1977–77, 1988–1990, 1990–1993, 1993–1996, 2002–2007 and 2008–2012.
In the 1990 election, his brother Asad Hayat was also elected member of National Assembly from NA86 Jhang.
Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat served as a member of Central Executive Committee of PPP in 1979. In 2002, he was elected MNA on PPPP ticket, later forming PPPP-Patriots and joining PML-Q. He served as Federal Minister in numerous Ministries which includes Commerce (1988–90), Environment, Housing and Works, Interior (2002–04), and Kashmir Affairs.
Hayat is currently the President of the Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) and he also serves as a member of the Strategic Committee of the world governing body of football, FIFA. In June 2017, 18 of the 26 members of the PFF voted in favor of Faisal Saleh Hayat's dismissal for incompetence and fund embezzlement. In July 2017, the FIFA threatened to suspend the PFF's membership if it kept refusing to hand football affairs to its president-elect Faisal Saleh Hayat.
- ECP rejects Faisal Saleh Hayat’s nomination papers, Tribune.com.tk, 4 April 2013
- ECP rejects nomination papers of Faisal Saleh Hayat, Abid Imam, Dawn.com, 4 April 2013
- Election: Faisal Saleh Hayat, Abid Imam disqualified for stealing water, Geo.tv, 4 April 2013
- PFF removes Faisal Saleh Hayat as president over embezzlement: report, Tribune.com.tk, 17 June 2015
- FIFA threatens to suspend Pakistan Football Federation, Geo.tv, 12 July 2017
- PFF headquarters should be handed over to Faisal Group: Kaleemullah, Thenews.co.uk, 14 July 2017
- Kashif Hussain, PPP leader Faisal Saleh Hayat injured in road accident near Faisalabad, Dawn.com, 4 May 2017
- PPP leader Faisal Saleh Hayat injured in road accident, Geo.tv, 4 May 2017