|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||Buffalo, New York, United States|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Pavement, Roadrunner, Century Media|
|Associated acts||Demolition Hammer, Cannibal Corpse, Cynic|
|Website||Malevolent Creation on Facebook|
Malevolent Creation was an American death metal band formed in Buffalo, New York in 1987. The band’s original members were vocalist Brett Hoffmann, guitarists Phil Fasciana and Jeff Juskiewicz, bassist Jason Blachowicz, and drummer Mark Simpson. Phil Fasciana was the only founding member who stayed with the band consistently.
The band moved to Florida a year after it formed, and they became a part of the emergent local death metal scene, landing a deal with Roadrunner Records and helping to develop the "Florida Death Metal" sound. In 1991 their debut album, The Ten Commandments, became something of a landmark in the death metal underground, expanding on the early work of bands like Slayer, Kreator, Possessed, Onslaught, Obituary and Death.
Malevolent Creation signed a management deal with Extreme Management Group (Suffocation, Origin) in 2010 and announced April 5, 2010 as the starting date for recording their next album with Erik Rutan at Mana Recording Studios (Cannibal Corpse, Vital Remains, Goatwhore, etc.) The band released the following statement:
"After over 20 years in existence, and now having the most solid line up in years, we really wanted to make sure that with this new album we elevated the band in every way. Getting good management was crucial and EMG has a great track record. Erik has been talking to us since Doomsday X to record us, and with Gus Rios (Drums) being in the band full time now, we didn't want him to have the responsibility of producing the album as well as writing and playing. Erik really understands what we are about, and has all of the same thoughts about recording as us. It really couldn't be a better working situation. We've said it before but this album really is without a doubt is the most relentless, focused and brutal MALEVOLENT CREATION album ever! We really went back to our roots, not only as a band, but as fans of metal. We wrote an album of songs that we as fans of brutal music would want to hear."
On October 15, 2014, Malevolent Creation announced that they signed a worldwide record deal with Century Media Records. In 2015, they released their 12th studio album, Dead Man's Path, on Century Media. In September of 2016, it was reported that the band had broke up following the cancellation of their upcoming U.S. tour, and departure of their long-time bassist Jason Blachowicz. Phil Fasciana Is The Only Remaining Member Left.
- The Ten Commandments (Roadrunner Records, 1991)
- Retribution (Roadrunner Records, 1992)
- Stillborn (Roadrunner Records, 1993)
- Eternal (Pavement Music, 1995)
- In Cold Blood (Pavement Music, 1997)
- The Fine Art of Murder (Pavement Music, 1998)
- Envenomed (Arctic Music, 2000)
- The Will to Kill (Arctic Music, 2002)
- Warkult (Nuclear Blast, 2004)
- Doomsday X (Nuclear Blast, 2007)
- Invidious Dominion (Nuclear Blast, 2010)
- Dead Man's Path (Century Media, 2015)
- Conquering South America (Arctic Music, 2004)
- Live at the Whiskey (Arctic Music, 2008)
- Australian Onslaught (Arctic Music, 2010)
- At Death's Door II "Piece by Piece" (Slayer Cover) (Roadrunner, 2009)
- Joe Black (Pavement Music, 1996)
- Manifestation – Compilation (Pavement Music, 2000)
- The Best of Malevolent Creation (Roadrunner, 2003)
- Retrospective (Crash Music, 2005)
- Essentials (Crash Music, 2009)
- Lost Commandments (Massacre Records, 2008)
Lost Commandments was an Arctic Music release that was licensed to Massacre records for European release
- "Malevolent Creation - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "The BNR Metal Pages - Band". www.bnrmetal.com. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "METALLIAN - Malevolent Creation". www.metallian.com. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- Purcell, Natalie J. (2003-05-05). Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture. McFarland. ISBN 9780786415854.
- Purcell, Natalie J. (2003-05-05). Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture. McFarland. ISBN 9780786484065.
- Steve Huey. "Malevolent Creation | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "News". Nuclear Blast USA. 2015-07-28. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "News - Nuclear Blast USA". www.nuclearblastusa.com. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "MALEVOLENT CREATION signs worldwide deal with Century Media Records". Century Media Records. October 15, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "METALLIAN - Malevolent Creation". www.metallian.com. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "Malevolent Creation Reportedly Breaks Up". September 18, 2016.