|Born||Marcela Luz Valladolid
July 19, 1978 
San Diego, California
|Education||Ritz Escoffier Cooking School , Los Angeles Culinary Institute|
Marcela Luz Valladolid (born July 19, 1978) is an American chef and author. She is the host of the Food Network television series Mexican Made Easy, and a co-host of the Food Network television series The Kitchen.
Valladolid was born in San Diego, California. Her interest in pursuing a career as a chef was sparked when she began working at her Aunt Marcela's cooking school in Tijuana, Mexico. Valladolid graduated from the Los Angeles Culinary Institute as a "Certified cook" and then moved to Paris, France, where she graduated as a classically trained pastry chef at the Ritz Escoffier Cooking School.
She then returned to Tijuana and started her own catering company and taught cooking techniques to classes of 40 students out of her home there.
Valladolid's first cooking show was "Relatos con Sabor" on Discovery en Español which aired in the U.S. and Latin America. In the series, she showed viewers how local Hispanic homes preserve and revive traditional recipes.
Valladolid's second cooking show, "Mexican Made Easy", debuted in January 2010 on the Food Network. Her second cookbook, Mexican Made Easy, was released in September 2011 as a companion book to her show. Both Valladolid's book and the show, filmed in San Diego, were designed to show the world there is no "yellow cheese" in traditional Mexican cooking and that her Mexican culinary style can be done with "fresh flavor that fits all."
Valladolid has also appeared in other Food Network shows. On Throwdown! with Bobby Flay she was a judge for a fish taco-themed competition. She and Flay teamed up to defeat Masaharu Morimoto and teammate Andrew Zimmern on a New Year's edition of Iron Chef America in 2012. Also in 2012, she competed in a celebrity version of Chopped in which she advanced to the final round and finished second (out of four competitors). In 2013, she served as a judge on Guy's Grocery Games.
Valladolid resides in Chula Vista, California. She has a son named Fausto, whom she jokingly refers to as "the rat." Fausto, along with Valladolid's father and siblings, has appeared on her television show. Valladolid just gave birth to her second child, David.
- "https://twitter.com/jeffreydobson/status/420739709502255105". twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Valladolid, M. (2010). Fresh Mexico: 100 Simple Recipes for True Mexican Flavor. Crown Publishing Group. ISBN 9780307885531. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "https://twitter.com/chefmarcela/status/358389840569581569". twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "https://twitter.com/chefmarcela/status/358389781622829056". twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "https://twitter.com/chefmarcela/status/358388924307095552". twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "Marcela Luz Valladolid, Born 07/19/1978 in California | CaliforniaBirthIndex.org". californiabirthindex.org. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Personal site posting
- "San Diego News, Local, California and National News | UTSanDiego.com | Personal interview with San Diego Union Tribute". weblog.signonsandiego.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "Marcela Valladolid - The Apprentice: Martha Stewart - Contestant Information - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs". realitytvworld.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Personal bio
- "Amazon.com: Marcela Valladolid: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "Blippitt biography". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Relatos con Sabor
- "Fresh Mexico: 100 Simple Recipes for True Mexican Flavor by Marcela Valladolid | 9780307451101 | Paperback | Barnes & Noble". search.barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "Chef Marcela Mexican Food Cookbook, Mexican Kids Recipe Cookbook, Healthy Mexican Cookbook". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Personal Website
- Mexican Made Easy personal homepage
- "Food Network Gossip: Watch Marcela Valladolid Win A Car on 'The Price Is Right' in 2004". foodnetworkgossip.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "Food Network Gossip: Food Network's 'The Kitchen' - More Information About The Show". foodnetworkgossip.com. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Photograph "Rat and I"
- Food Network bio