Anbukku Naan Adimai
|Anbukku Naan Adimai|
|Directed by||R. Thyagarajan|
|Edited by||M. G. Balu Rao|
Anbukku Naan Adimai (transl. I am a slave to love) is a Tamil language film, directed by R. Thyagarajan and produced under the Devar Films banner by C. Dandayuthapani. It stars Rajinikanth, Vijayan, Surulirajan, Thengai Srinivasan, Asokan, Sundarrajan, Sujatha, Rathi, Ramaprabha and Jayamalini. The film was simultaneously made in Telugu as Mayadari Krishnudu, with Sridhar replacing Vijayan and a slightly different supporting cast that included Satyanarayana, Mohan Babu, and Allu Rama Lingaiah. It was remade in Hindi as Thanedaar.
Vijayan (Sridhar in Telugu), the Inspector and Rajini a thief, are brothers who get separated in childhood. When they meet in a strange situation, Vijayan is thrown out of the train and Rajini lands in the village as the inspector and the events following is the story. Rathi who performs a dance in the street helps Rajini and steals his heart.
- Rajinikanth as Gopinath
- Vijayan as Gopinath's Brother
- Sujatha as Lakshmi
- Rathi as Gowri
- Surulirajan as C.I.D. Kandhasamy
- Thengai Srinivasan as Head Constable
- A. Karunanidhi as Head Constable
- 'Karate' R. V. T. Mani as Nagappan
- S. A. Ashokan as D.C.P.
- Nagesh as Sekhar (Guest appearance)
- Major Sundarrajan as Sundar
- Prabhakar as Velu
- Ramaprabha as Gowri's sister
- V. Gopalakrishnan
- Master Haja Sheriff as Child Gopinath
- Usilai Mani as Police constable
The characters played by Sujatha, Rathi, and Jayamalini were retained for the Telugu version. The character Gopinath is renamed Krishna in the Telugu version.
- Tamil Track List
|1||"Aadu Nanaiyuthenu"||P. Susheela, Saradha||Vaali||5:32|
|2||"Kaaththodu Poovurasa"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela||4:04|
|3||"Kaattiloru Singakuttiyam"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Panju Arunachalam||3:11|
|4||"Onrodu Onranaom"||P. Susheela||3:19|
|5||"Vayalooru Mayilaattam"||P. Susheela||Vaali||4:10|
All lyrics are written by Aatreya.
|1.||"Chengavi Panche Katti"||P. Susheela, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:18|
|2.||"Gudivada Gummatam"||P. Susheela||4:12|
|3.||"Okaritho Okaruga"||P. Susheela||4:26|
|4.||"Vachchadu Maa Palleku"||P. Susheela||5:12|
|5.||"Anaganaga"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:24|
- Gayathri Sreekanth (2008). The Name is Rajinikanth. Om Books International. p. 369. ISBN 9788187108443.
- "Anbukku Naan Adimai". cinesouth. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Madhuri Dixit reminisces song 'Tamma Tamma' as movie 'Thanedar' clocks 30 years". ANI News. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Anbukku Naan Adimai Songs". raaga. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Anbukku Naan Adimai Tamil Film EP Vinyl Record by Illayaraja". Macsendisk. Retrieved 5 October 2021.