McLean National Wildlife Refuge
|McLean National Wildlife Refuge|
IUCN category IV (habitat/species management area)
|Location||McLean County, North Dakota, USA|
|Nearest city||Minot, ND|
|Area||760 acres (310 ha)|
|Governing body||U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service|
McLean National Wildlife Refuge is a 760-acre (310 ha) National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) in the U.S. state of North Dakota. A little less than half the acreage of McLean NWR is on public lands, while the rest is an easement refuge and is on privately owned land, but the landowners and U.S. Government work cooperatively to protect the resources. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service oversees McLean NWR from their offices at Audubon National Wildlife Refuge. Originally called Lake Susie NWR, the name of the refuge was changed to its current title in the 1990s.
- "Lake Susie National Wildlife Refuge". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Annual Report of Lands Under Control of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service" (pdf). U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. September 30, 2010. p. 25. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Makoti SW, ND (Map). Topoquest (USGS Quads). Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Examples of Conservation Easements". U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "North Dakota National Wildlife Refuges". U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "About the Complex". Audubon National Wildlife Refuge. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
|This article related to a protected area in North Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|