Media of Jersey
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Local terrestrial television in Jersey is provided by ITV Channel Television (part of the ITV network) and BBC Channel Islands (an opt-out service from BBC South West) - both of these have local broadcast studios, production teams, presenters and other staff. Many other off-island stations are available, which are mostly the same as those available in United Kingdom.
ITV Channel Television - the longest-serving of the two services - produces regional programming for the Islands, including a flagship nightly news programme, ITV News Channel TV, which is supplemented by shorter news bulletins seven days a week. Other programmes include a twice-weekly sports magazine show Report Sport, the long-running children's series Puffin's Pla(i)ce and local documentaries.
BBC Channel Islands News is an opt-out service for the Channel Islands, broadcast from the BBC Radio Jersey studios in St Helier at 6:30pm (during the first half of Spotlight) and at 10:25pm (after the BBC News at Ten) each weeknight on BBC1.
Jersey is depicted in the detective programme Bergerac.
Bailiwick Radio broadcasts two music services, Classics and Hits, 24 hours a day online. It is also available through Apple and Android apps and on TuneIn.
Radio Youth FM, an internet radio station run by young people aged 12 – 24 is also active in the island and broadcasts up to 10 shows each week.
Jersey used to be served by the Normandy-based radio station Contact 94.
The newspaper features a weekly Jèrriais column accompanied by English-language précis.
The Bailiwick Express (www.bailiwickexpress.com) is Jersey's solitary online newspaper which concentrates on hard news delivered swiftly, and is supported by classified advertising, primarily of vehicles, employment vacancies, and property.
Connect magazine is a bi-monthly business title from the same stable as The Bailiwick Express.
- "Circulation down for all of UK's 81 regional dailies". PressGazette. 2012-08-29. Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Gallery | Style Magazine | Franchises". Gallerymagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "The Jersey Life". Lifemags.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.[permanent dead link]
- "Les Nouvelles Chroniques du Don Balleine". Members.societe-jersiaise.org. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Finance Publications Offshore Limited". 2020.je. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Finance Publications Offshore Limited". Financeoffshore.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
|This article about the Bailiwick of Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|