University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences|
|Former names||Medical University of Ohio, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo State College of Medicine,|
|Type||Public, Medical School|
|Parent institution||University of Toledo|
|Location||Toledo, OH, USACoordinates:|
|Dean||Christopher J. Cooper, M.D.|
- This article refers to The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, a medical school in Toledo, Ohio (formerly the Medical College of Ohio, and the Medical University of Ohio). For the former Medical College of Ohio in Cincinnati, see the article on University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences is a medical school affiliated with the University of Toledo, a public university located in Toledo, Ohio, United States. The College is located on the University of Toledo's Health Science Campus in south Toledo.
Founded in 1964 as the Medical College of Ohio (MCO), its first class of medical students began their studies in 1969.
Upon completion of the merger, the University of Toledo became the third largest member of the University System of Ohio in terms of operating budget, as well as one of only 17 public universities in the United States having colleges of business administration, education, engineering, law, medicine and pharmacy.
In 2016, The University of Toledo began an affiliation with Toledo-based health system ProMedica. The partnership establishes a 50-year affiliation between the College and the health system to "attract and retain good medical talent in Toledo." 
Academic and Clinical Departments
- Biochemistry and Cancer Biology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physician Assistant
- Physiology and Pharmacology
- Radiation Oncology
- Jerri Nielsen (nee Cahill), Antarctic physician
Notes and references
- "Toledo’s medical college reaches golden milestone". The Blade. 2014-05-25. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- McMillen, William (2006-03-15). "Merger bill passes last legislative hurdle". University of Toledo. Archived from the original on 2006-09-11. Retrieved 2006-07-05.
- "UT - MUO Merger". University of Toledo. 2006-12-18. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- "History". www.utoledo.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- Harris-Taylor, Marlene (2006-03-15). "30 more medical residents ready for work under deal". Toledo Blade. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Departments". www.utoledo.edu. Retrieved 2017-01-30.