|Date of birth||24 November 1966|
|Place of birth||Petah Tikva, Israel|
|Faction represented in Knesset|
MK Michaeli is currently Chair of the Caucus for Female Knesset Members, and is a member of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee. Prior to entering politics, Michaeli was known as one of Israel's most prominent journalists, an op-ed writer for Haaretz newspaper, and the producer and star of her own prime-time, documentary, and current affairs television and radio programs. Michaeli has taught university classes and lectured extensively on the topics of feminism, media, and communications. A longtime advocate for women's and minority rights, she is known for her ability to consistently challenge conventional views and positions. Michaeli's inaugural speech in the Knesset may be viewed here.
In September 2012, Michaeli spoke at TEDxJaffa on the theme of "paradigm shift", in which she argued for society to "cancel marriage". In October 2012, she announced that she was joining the Labor Party, and intended to run for in the 2013 general election. On November 29 Michaeli won fifth place on the Labor Party's roster.
Her partner is the television producer, host and comedian Lior Schleien.
- "MK Michaeli in Israeli Parliament website". The Israeli Knesset. Knesset.
- on YouTube
- "Cancel Marriage: Merav Michaeli at TEDxJaffa". YouTube. TEDx Talks. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Lis, Jonathan. "Merav Michaeli to Vie for Spot on Labor's Election List". Haaretz. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Azulay, Moran. "Herzog wins Labor primaries; Merav Michaeli 5th on party list". Ynetnews. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- Merav Michaeli on the Knesset website