Meru University of Science and Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Administration block 1
|Established||1979 as Meru College of Technology (MECOTECH)|
|Chancellor||Dr. James N. Mwangi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Romanus Odhiambo Otieno.|
|Campus||MUST Main Campus, Meru Town Campus|
Meru University of Science and Technology (or MUST) is a public university near Meru, Kenya. It is in Nchiru, 15 kilometres northeast of Meru, along the Meru-Makutano-Maua Highway. It offers courses in Engineering, Science, Information Technology and Business.
Meru University has the following campuses and schools:
- Main Campus - 15 km from Meru Town along Meru Maua Road and opposite the Njuri Ncheke shrine. It is 5 km from Kianjai Market.
- Meru Town Campus - The offices are on the 2nd floor at Hart Towers, opposite Meru Police Station.
- Marimba Campus
- School of Agriculture and Food Sciences (SAFS)
- School of Business and Economics (SBE)
- School of Computing and Informatics (SCI)
- School of Education (SEd.)
- School of Engineering and Architecture (SEA)
- School of Health Sciences (SHS)
- School of Nursing (SoN)
- School of Pure and Applied Sciences (SPAS)
Reuben Marambii Library has 30,000 print materials with 80,000 items in electronic and online resources. It has a sitting capacity of 500 people. The library has an Online Public Access Catalog offering services such as searching, renewing books, making purchase suggestions, placing holds on items among others. More information about the library and services offered can be found at library.must.ac.ke. The library has developed off-campus access to e-books and e-journals to allow users to access subscribed online resources.
- Vice Chancellor - Prof. Romanus Odhiambo (Vice-chancellor)
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics) - Prof. Gitonga Nkanata Mburugu
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration,Finance and Planning) - Dr.Guyo Huka (in an acting capacity)
- Finance Officer - Nephat Njeru
- Registrar (Administration and Planning) - Dr. Elijah Walubuka
- Chancellor - Dr. James Mwangi (CEO, Equity Bank LTD).
- Chairman of the Council - Prof. Dulacha Galgalo Barako (Kenya School of Monetary Studies)