12 January 1975 |
|Highest ranking||24 (2002/03)|
|Highest break||144 – European Open 2004|
|Best ranking finish||Semi-finals – Grand Prix 2004|
Michael Judge is a former professional snooker player from the Republic of Ireland. He has not won a ranking event, coming closest in the 2004 Grand Prix, where he reached the semi-finals after victories over Mark Williams among others. His first ranking quarter-final was at the 1997 British Open
He has qualified for the World Championship three times, his best performance coming in the 2001 tournament, after knocking Jimmy White out in qualifying and John Parrott in the first round, before being knocked out by fellow Dubliner Ken Doherty. He lost to eventual champion Peter Ebdon in the first round a year later. He has lost in the final qualifying round on seven occasions, a record [permanent dead link].
In 2006/2007 he had something of a return to form, climbing 10 places in the rankings to #34, after five successive falls from his career high of #24, aided by a last 16 run in the Welsh Open. He then reached the last 16 of the Grand Prix early in the 2007/2008 season, and repeated this at the Welsh Open in Newport, by beating Nigel Bond and Graeme Dott, both 5–4, before succumbing to a 5–2 defeat by Stephen Lee. He did enough in the rest of the season to return to the top 32 of the rankings. However, he slipped straight back out the following season after two last sixteen runs were tempered by six first round defeats. In January 2010 he qualified for the Welsh Open, losing to John Higgins in the first round proper. He quit after the following season but return to the sport a year later and would go on to win the Irish Amateur Championship in 2013 beating Robert Redmond 8–5 in the final.
Amateur finals: : 2 (1 titles, 1 runner-up)
|Outcome||No.||Year||Championship||Opponent in the final||Score|
|Winner||1.||2013||Irish Amateur Championship||Robert Redmond||8–5|
|Runner-up||2.||2014||Irish Amateur Championship||Martin McCrudden||7–3|
- Michael Judge's page on prosnookerblog.com
- Yahoo! Sport. 2009. Michael Judge. [Online] Yahoo! UK (Updated 2010) Available at: http://uk.yahoo.eurosport.com/snooker/person_prs32344.shtml Archived 2008-12-26 at the Wayback Machine. [Accessed 18 February 2010].
- Grand Prix 2004 results
- Hendry beats colour blindness
- Judge threat to Parrott
- Judge sends Parrott down
- Ken battles for victory over Judge Archived 2009-10-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Judge out of World Championships
- Rocket ends Judge's Aberdeen run Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Player profile at World Snooker website Archived 2009-10-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Higgins rules over Judge