|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Basingstoke|
|Diocese||Diocese of Winchester|
|Other posts||Honorary assistant bishop in Chichester and in Europe (1994–present)|
|Ordination||1953 (deacon); 1954 (priest)|
|Consecration||30 March 1977|
|Born||23 September 1927|
|Died||24 July 2017(aged 89)|
|Parents||Sir Richard & Helen, Lady Manktelow|
|Spouse||Rosamund Mann (m. 1966)|
|Alma mater||Christ's College, Cambridge|
Michael Richard John Manktelow (23 September 1927 – 24 July 2017) was an Anglican bishop. He was the Suffragan Bishop of Basingstoke from 1977 to 1993 and at the same time a Canon Residentiary of Winchester Cathedral.
Manktelow was educated at Whitgift School and Christ's College, Cambridge before a curacy at Boston, Lincolnshire, after which he was Vicar of Knaresborough. Following this he was Vicar of St. Wilfrid's Church, Harrogate and then, his final appointment before his ordination to the episcopate, Rural Dean of the area. He was consecrated an Anglican bishop on 30 March 1977. In retirement he served as an assistant bishop in the Diocese of Chichester and in the Diocese in Europe.
- Diocese in Europe – Prayer Diary, January–June 2014 Archived 27 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 27 April 2014)
- Debrett's People of Today 1992 (London, Debrett's), ISBN 1-870520-09-2)
- 'MANKTELOW, Rt Rev. Michael Richard John', Who's Who 2012, A & C Black, 2012; online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2011 , accessed 9 July 2012
- Crockford's clerical directory 1995 (Lambeth,Church House) ISBN 0-7151-8088-6
- Church website Archived 30 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Basingstoke
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|