Middletown station (San Diego Trolley)
|San Diego Trolley station|
Middletown Station, 2010
|Location||1396 Palm Street
San Diego, CA
|Owned by||San Diego Metropolitan Transit System|
Middletown is a station of the Green Line on the San Diego Trolley. It is located in a narrow strip of land between San Diego International Airport and Interstate 5. It also serves crowded residential area in the Middletown neighborhood, which includes a variety of medium-density housing within blocks of the station. This station opened in June 1996 as part of the Blue Line (then called the North/South Line) extension to the Old Town Transit Center.
On September 2, 2012, service to this station was replaced by the Green Line, when the Blue Line's northern terminus was truncated to the America Plaza station as part of a system redesign. Blue Line service at this station will resume when the Mid-Coast Trolley extension is completed by 2021.
Platforms and tracks
|Trolley Northbound||■ Green Line||toward Santee Town Center (Washington Street)|
|Trolley Southbound||■ Green Line||toward 12th & Imperial Transit Center (County Center / Little Italy)|
|Amtrak/Coaster||■ Pacific Surfliner||No stops|
|■ Coaster||No stops|
San Diego International Airport is accessible from this station. In July 2015, the airport added its TROLLEY → TERMINAL Shuttle Service that runs between the terminals and this station. The shuttle stops at the airport's consolidated rental car center (opened January 20, 2016), which is one block away. Passengers access the shuttle from the station by proceeding one block southwest on W. Palm Street. The shuttle runs while the airport is open.
- Ristine, Jeff (July 23, 2006). "After 25 years, the trolley keeps on moving". San Diego Union-Tribune. Union-Tribune Publishing Co. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Construction Alert Upcoming Trolley Station and Road Closures" (PDF). San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. April 13, 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Construction Advisory Trolley Station Closures & Detours August 2012 through March 2013" (PDF). San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. August 24, 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Trolley Renewal Project". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "September 2, 2012 Service Changes. Major Bus and Trolley Service Changes". San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Mid-Coast Corridor Transit Project Fact Sheet" (PDF). San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG). May 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|