Midway Arcade Origins
|Midway Arcade Origins|
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Midway Arcade Origins is an arcade compilation released on November 6, 2012, in North America and in Australia. It is the successor to the Midway Arcade Treasures series, and includes a selection of games that were included in those compilations, with the sole exception of Vindicators Part II which will be included in Midway Arcade Origins. On January 19, 2017, Midway Arcade Origins was added to the Xbox One via the backwards compatibility program.
Thirty-one games are included:
- Arch Rivals
- Championship Sprint
- Defender II
- Gauntlet II
- Joust 2
- Marble Madness
- Robotron: 2084
- Root Beer Tapper
- Satan's Hollow
- Smash TV
- Spy Hunter
- Spy Hunter II
- Super Off Road
- Super Sprint
- Total Carnage
- Tournament Cyberball 2072
- Vindicators Part II
- Wizard of Wor
On Metacritic, a review aggregator, the Xbox 360 version has a score of 61/100 from eleven reviews, and the PS3 version has a score of 58/100 from four reviews. In IGN's review, Samuel Claiborn wrote the collection features great games, but technical problems – including poor controls – makes the online leaderboards the only reason to play it.
- Sarkar, Samit (2012-11-06). "Midway Arcade Origins available today on PS3 and 360". Polygon. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Sullivan, Lucas (2019-06-11). "Xbox One backwards compatible games list - every old game you can play today". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Nunneley, Stephany (2012-09-19). "Midway Arcade Origins announced, contains over 30 classic titles". VG247. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Midway Arcade Origins (Xbox 360)". Metacritic. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Midway Arcade Origins (Playstation 3)". Metacritic. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Claiborn, Samuel (2012-11-13). "Midway Arcade Origins Review". IGN. Retrieved 2019-06-14.