Milford station (Connecticut)
The Milford station
|Location||1 Railroad Avenue
Milford, CT 06460
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| CTTransit New Haven: J
Milford Transit: 2, 3, 4, Coastal Link, Milford Commuter Connection - Orange-Milford
|Fare zone||20 (Metro-North)|
|Electrified||12,500V (AC) overhead catenary|
|Passengers (2006)||351,000 0% (Metro-North)|
The Milford Metro-North Railroad station serves the residents of Milford, Connecticut via the New Haven Line. It is 63.2 miles from Grand Central Terminal and the average travel time from Grand Central is one hour, 32 minutes. The station actually consists of two separate stations on either side of the tracks, typical of such small railroad stations.
The station has 676 parking spaces, 444 of which are owned by the state.
Platform and track configuration
|1||■ New Haven Line||for Grand Central|
|2||■ New Haven Line||no stop|
|■ Northeast Corridor||no stop|
|4||■ New Haven Line||for New Haven – State Street|
This station has two high-level side platforms. The northern platform, adjacent to Track 1, is four cars long and generally used by westbound trains. The southern platform, adjacent to Track 4, is 10 cars long and generally used by eastbound trains.
The New Haven Line has three tracks at this location. The inner track, not adjacent to either platform, is used only by express trains. Milford is the only station on the New Haven Line with only three tracks.
The station is also served by 2 eastbound Shore Line East trains per weekday.
- Connecticut Rail Commuter Council is the official state advocate for train commuters and brings station problems to the attention of officials.
- Task 2: Technical Memorandum parking Inventory and Utilization: Final Report" submitted by Urbitran Associates Inc. to the Connecticut Department of Transportation, "Table 1: New haven Line Parking Capacity and Utilization", page 6, July 2003"
- "Metro-North Railroad EMPLOYEE TIMETABLE No. 4" (PDF). Metro-North Railroad. 5 February 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 October 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
Media related to Milford (Metro-North station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Metro-North Railroad - Milford
- List of upcoming train departure times and track assignments from MTA
- Station House and eastbound platform from Google Maps Street View
- Westbound platform from Google Maps Street View