Mitcheltree Township, Martin County, Indiana
Location in Martin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||71.39 sq mi (184.9 km2)|
|• Land||70.76 sq mi (183.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.63 sq mi (1.6 km2) 0.88%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||8.8/sq mi (3.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47446, 47470, 47581|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||452421|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 71.39 square miles (184.9 km2), of which 70.76 square miles (183.3 km2) (or 99.12%) is land and 0.63 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 0.88%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these fifteen cemeteries: Bridges, Bridges, Brock, Chandler, Clarke, Dogtrot, Jackson, Little Hickory Ridge, Mountain Spring, Pleasant Grove, Rector, Roberts, Uno-Paton, Wagner and Wards.
- Shoals Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State Senate District 48
- "Mitcheltree Township, Martin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.