Indian Creek Township, Lawrence County, Indiana
|Indian Creek Township|
Location in Lawrence County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||38.11 sq mi (98.7 km2)|
|• Land||37.98 sq mi (98.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||646 ft (197 m)|
|• Density||73.1/sq mi (28.2/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47421, 47451, 47462, 47470|
|GNIS feature ID||0453425|
Indian Creek Township takes its name from a stream in its northwestern portion. The township was one of the original five townships in Lawrence County, however, the township is much smaller than it used to be.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.11 square miles (98.7 km2), of which 37.98 square miles (98.4 km2) (or 99.66%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Oolitic (west edge)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Boone, Bridge, Ferguson, Old Union Church, Pleasant Hill and Waggner.
- North Lawrence Community Schools
Indian Creek Township is protected by the Indian Creek Volunteer Fire Department (ICVFD). The department's 23 members respond to all types of emergencies, including, but not limited to, fire and medical calls, and are often dispatched as medical first responders when an ambulance is dispatched to the township from the nearby City of Bedford. The department responded to 234 calls in 2012, a record high for the department. ICVFD has mutual aid agreements with all other volunteer fire departments in Lawrence County.
The Indian Creek VFD Station is located in Fayetteville at.
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State Senate District 44
- "Indian Creek Township, Lawrence County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 55.
- "History of Lawrence County, Indiana". INGenWeb. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "The Indian Creek V.F.D Page".
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Indian Creek Township
||Jackson Township, Greene County||Perry Township||Marshall Township|
|Mitcheltree Township, Martin County||Shawswick Township|
|Spice Valley Township||Marion Township|