Mithunam (1993 film)
Thikkurisi Sukumaran Nair
|Music by||M. G. Radhakrishnan|
S. P. Venkatesh (Score)
|Edited by||N. Gopalakrishnan|
|Distributed by||Pranamam Pictures|
Mithunam is a 1993 Indian Malayalam-language family drama film, directed by Priyadarshan and written by Sreenivasan. The film stars Mohanlal and Urvashi. It was produced by Mohanlal under the banner of Pranavam Arts and was distributed by Pranamam Pictures. The film features songs composed by M. G. Radhakrishnan and background score by S. P. Venkatesh.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2019)
Sethumadhavan has plans to start a biscuit factory, Dakshayani Biscuits. But the bureaucracy and the corruption of the officials are the hurdles in front of him. Along with that he has to solve the problems in his dysfunctional family. Added to that, he marries his long-term fiancee Sulochana, who always cribs that he does not have love towards her, which he had shown before their marriage.
- Mohanlal as Sethumadhavan Kurup
- Urvashi as Sulochana, wife of Sethu
- Sreenivasan as Preman, friend and assistant to Sethu
- Jagathi Sreekumar as Suguthan, brother-in-law of Sethu
- Innocent as Lineman K. T. Kurup, elder brother of Sethu
- Thikkurisi Sukumaran Nair as Kurup Master, father of Sethu
- Sankaradi as Sethu's uncle
- C. I. Paul as Chief Engineer
- Janardanan as Sivaraman
- Kuthiravattam Pappu as Palisha Peethambaran
- Nedumudi Venu as Cherkkonam Swamy
- Meena as housemaid
- Sukumari as Swamini Amma
- Zeenath as Subadra
- K. R. Valsala as Renuka
- Kuttyedathi Vilasini as Shyama's kunjamma
- Kozhikode Narayanan Nair as Village Officer
- Usha as Shyama
- Kanakalatha as Sivaraman's wife
- Kaveri Sulochana's sister
- James as Pappi
- Vishal Menon as Rajesh, Suguthan's son
Other crew positions
- Art: Sabu Cyril
- Makeup: Vikraman Nair, Salim
- Costumes: M. M. Kumar, Murali
- Choreography: Kumar
- Stunts: Thyagarajan Master
- Advertisement: Gayathri venugopal
- Processing: Gemini Pictures Circuit
- Stills: T. N. Ramalingam
- Production controller: Radha K. Nair
- Office administration: K. Manoharan
- Outdoor: Vishakh Pokkiriraja
- Associate director: Murali Nagavalli
The songs in the movie have been composed by M. G. Radhakrishnan and written by O. N. V. Kurup. The songs were distributed by Magna Sound. The Background Score for the movie was composed by S. P. Venkatesh.
All music is composed by M. G. Radhakrishnan.
|1.||"Njattu Velakkiliye" (Female version)||K. S. Chitra||3:52|
|2.||"Allimar Kavil"||M. G. Sreekumar||4:20|
|3.||"Poomanjim Koodarathil"||M. G. Sreekumar, Sujatha Mohan||4:17|
|4.||"Njattu Velakkiliye" (Male version)||M. G. Sreekumar||3:48|
In popular culture
In the 2014 film, Polytechnic, the name of the biscuit factory in Mithunam, Dakshayani Biscuits, was adapted for a defunct biscuit factory in the film, which the protagonist played by Kunchacko Boban buys.
- "Midhunam was produced by Mohanlal". The Times of India. Times News Network. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- R., Manoj Kumar (16 November 2019). "South Stream: Mohanlal's Mithunam". The Indian Express. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Pillai, Radhika C. (11 December 2014). "Kunchacko Boban becomes entrepreneur!". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 September 2016.