"The difference is in the network"
(Serbian: Razlika je u mreži)
|Limited liability company|
|Ove Fredheim (CEO)|
|Products||UMTS, HSDPA, W-CDMA, EDGE, GPRS, GSM|
|Revenue||€391.54 million (2013)|
|€97.31 million (2013)|
|Total assets||€367.34 million (2013)|
|Total equity||€287.13 million (2013)|
Number of employees
The first NMT network was announced on December 31, 1994. The signal covered major urban areas and highway routes - 60% of Serbia's inhabited territory and 12% of Serbia's land area. This service is not commercial anymore. The MSISDN Network Code was 061 (international: +381 61); this code is now appointed to Vip Mobile. The GSM network has been in use since 1996.
In 2005 BK Trade sold its shares to a consortium of Austrian investors (through Holdenhurst Holding headed by Martin Schlaff) and the company was renamed Mobi 063. It was purchased by Telenor on July 31, 2006 for €1.513 billion. The Norwegian company outbid such industry heavyweights as TeliaSonera, France Télécom, Deutsche Telekom, Mobilkom Austria, Orascom Telecom and Tele2.
On April 26, 2013, Telenor Serbia bought 100% of shares of the Serbian "KBC bank". With that transaction, 81,000 clients of the former bank were taken by Société Générale Srbija. Since September 10, 2014, "Telenor banka" is in operation on the Serbian market.
Telenor Serbia GSM signal covers 95% of Serbia's inhabited territory and 90% of Serbia's land area. The company has more than 1033 active base transceiver stations (BTS) which cover all urban and suburban areas, major highway routes, and tourist centers. It has more than 3 million customers. The IMSI Network Code of Telenor is 220-01 and the MSISDN Network Codes are 062 (international: +381 62), 063 (international: +381 63) and 069 (international: +381 69).
- 2G (GSM, GPRS, EDGE) on 900 MHz and 1800 MHz
- 3G (HSPA+) on 900 MHz and 2100 MHz
- 4G (LTE) on 1800 MHz
- Основни подаци из консолидованог финансијског извештаја за 2013. годину. Agencija za privredne registre Srbije (in Serbian). Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Serbian Chamber of Commerce
- TeleGeography (2006-05-16). "Ten bid for Serbia's Mobi 063".
- Telenor gets Serbia's fixed phone license
- Nišavić, D. (26 April 2013). "Telenor kupio KBC banku, klijente preuzima Sosijete ženeral". blic.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Norway’s Telenor Opens Serbia’s Most Available Bank". 12 September 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2014.