Montclair State University station
Montclair State University station parking deck
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 high level island platform|
|Connections||MSU campus shuttles|
|Opened||October 20, 2004|
|Passengers (2012)||603 (average weekday)|
Montclair State University Station at Little Falls is a New Jersey Transit rail station in the Great Notch area of Little Falls, New Jersey on the Montclair-Boonton Line. The station, which opened on October 20, 2004, is located on Clove Road near Route 46 and the Montclair State University campus, and was built at a cost of US$26 million, following the completion of the Montclair Connection. Although the station itself was not officially open, a temporary platform was built to allow the under-construction station to serve one of its main purposes as the Montclair-Boonton Line's primary transfer station.
On weekdays, every train on the Montclair-Boonton Line stops here. Midtown Direct service to Penn Station terminates here, as the line west of the nearby yard is not electrified. The station is a major transfer point for riders because many trains terminate here, it is the first station on the line with service to New York Penn Station, and it is the first local stop of express trains. The station is a sheltered, two-tracked island platform with an elevated walkway over the tracks connecting it to the parking deck and the college campus. The station is equipped with ticket machines and DepartureVision monitors displaying arrivals and departures. It is accessible as the platform is fully elevated and elevators are available in addition to stairs. The station was intended to be a Park-and-Ride, near a highway and with a large parking deck.
There is no connecting bus service directly to the station, as the university's bus stop is on the opposite side of campus near the Montclair Heights station. Campus shuttles, however, do serve the station.
- "MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY STATION AND 1,500-SPOT PARKING DECK OFFICIALLY OPENS: "See More Spots" marketing campaign begins". New Jersey Transit. October 20, 2004. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- "Station Information: Montclair State University". New Jersey Transit. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "NJ TRANSIT AWARDS CONTRACT FOR NEW TRAIN STATION AT MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY: $26 Million Project will Support New Direct Rail Service to New York". New Jersey Transit. June 12, 2002. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
The NJ TRANSIT Board of Directors today awarded a $26 million contract to Prismatic Development Corporation of Plainfield, NJ, to design and build a new station, a 1,300-space parking facility and traffic improvements near Montclair State University (MSU) on the Boonton Line in Little Falls.
- "Montclair-Booton Line Extends its Trail: MSU Not on the Stop List". The Montclarion (MSU newspaper). 2009-01-26. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Montclair State University (NJT station).|