|Political party||Party of Free Democrats|
Mykhailo Brodsky (Ukrainian: Михайло Бродський) (born April 5, 1959 in Kiev, in the Ukrainian SSR of the Soviet Union) is a Ukrainian politician, leader of the Party of Free Democrats and businessman.
Brodsky was a self-nominated candidate in the 2004 Ukrainian presidential election. Chair of the "Yabluko" ("Apple") Party in 2003-2005. Was a national deputy of Ukraine, 1998-2002. Was a chair of the publishing house "Kyivskie Vedmosti" in 1998, but lost control of it after being jailed on corruption charges. Main policy is opposition to "oligarchs", and declared when registering that he was running for president in 2004 to bar (then) Prime Minister of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, from power. Brodskyy allied himself with Yulia Tymoshenko before and during the Orange Revolution (in 2006 he was elected as a deputy of the Kiev City Council representing the Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc), but broke with her before the snap parliamentary elections of September 2007. In 2007, he publicly accused Tymoshenko of trying to bribe judges of the Constitutional Court and of selling places on election lists.
- "Leader Of Free Democrats Party Brodskyi Applies To CEC To Register Him Candidate For President". Ukrainian News. UkraNews. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- The Sad End of the Orange Revolution, Der Spiegel (January 14, 2010)
- Political Pulse: Presidential field takes shape, Kyiv Post (November 11, 2009)
- (Ukrainian) Михайло Бродський, Radio Svoboda (November 30, 2009)
- "CEC registered two more candidates for the President UKRAINE". Central Election Commission of Ukraine. Central Election Commission of Ukraine. Retrieved 2009-11-02.
- (Ukrainian) ЦВК оприлюднила офіційні результати 1-го туру виборів, Gazeta.ua (January 25, 2010)
- (Ukrainian) Держкомпідприємництва очолив Михайло Бродський, ICTV (March 24, 2010)
- (Ukrainian) Події за темами: Персони. Михайло Бродський, UNIAN
- (Ukrainian) Михайло Бродський обіцяє підтримати підприємців, а потім збільшити їм податки, Radio Svoboda (March 24, 2010)
- Blog by Mykhailo Brodskiy (Ukrainian)
- Michael Brodsky, "cover" Ukrainian smugglers, framed his relative
|This biographical article about a Ukrainian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|